Chapter 14❤️

Tiffany
It was Spring now. The air smelled of fresh flowers and the blazing hot sun shined on my revealed legs as I sat outside on the porch's steps with Nia smoking a vape.

Me and Nia over December and January grew as besties.

She was funny as hell and knew how to do nails. Which was totally perfect for me.

But she'll never beat my best friend Ashanti. Ashanti was my best friend from back home in New Jersey.

At school she was one of the few people I could call a friend since most niggas was fake to me.

When I had to move I was so devastated but I was so happy because she was coming to visit tomorrow.

As me and Nia were smoking I heard my mom come into the backyard through the gate.

Fuck I thought to myself quickly hiding the vape in my bra.

My mom didn't want me to smoke. Especially not actual cigs and weed. But she was lately struggling with depression.

I have a feeling it was from the incident with her ex showing up to our house but I try not to think that.

I think it's just the fact that she's a single mother, taking care of 2 kids, and spending most of her life at work trying to provide for us.

And for that I give her props.

(shoutout to all my readers who got single parents. y'all better love and appreciate them❤️😤)

She closed the gate and then turned around and looked at us.

"Hey mom." I said smiling at her.

"Hey Tiff. Hey Nia." she said giggling.

"Hey Ms.Laura. Me and Tiff are gonna go to the mall." Nia said smiling and pulling me inside quickly.

My mom just stood there starring suspiciously sucking her teeth. Then I saw her begin to clean up the weeds in the backyard.

"At least she's in a happy mood today." I thought to myself.

Nia pulled me to the couch and we sat down laughing.

"For real though bitch we should hit up the mall. Maybe we'll find some cute guysss." she said lightly pushing me in the shoulder.

"Ummmm no bitch." I said laughing. "How about we go to Jah's house or some shit." I said.

"Girl we haven't gone on a date in so long. When we finna have a bestie day? You always wanna go to ya lil boyfriendddd house." Nia said.

"Miss me with that gay shit." I said laughing.

"And I guess you right. Let's go." And with that I got up and grabbed my Nike slides.

Before walking out the door I stopped and turned around.

"By the way hoe Jahseh ain't my man." I said before jokingly opening the door and sashaying out.

She trailed behind me dying of laughter.

•••
Once we got to the mall we found parking and got out. We walked inside.

We went into Classy Nails first where we had a manicure and pedicure appointment.

We sat in the chair. While we were in the middle of our appointment a group of 4 boys walked past the nail salon while looking in.