Todoroki Shoto x Reader (Fantasy AU) - Kingdom Flower

She was beautiful to him. God, she was beautiful to everyone. Her flowing h/c locks that framed her face perfectly, beautiful eyes that swarmed with e/c hues. The idea of seeing someone like her and not being able to get near her pained him. He just wanted to hold her hands and be happy with her, though his title as prince would not allow it. Her social ranking was a lot lower than his, her being a simple maiden and him being a future king. He wished that the two could run away together, though it seemed that wouldn't be happening any time soon. He had never spoken to her or even heard her name, but he knew that she was the one he wanted. If only..

Shoto turned to look at his father, shocked by the words he had just said. For a moment he thought he might've misheard, but the smile that the female gave him confirmed that he had no problems with hearing the words.

"You're going to marry princess Momo and make strong children."

He hadn't wanted to marry anyone but his mysterious love that he saw whenever he went to town. The dimples she got whenever she smiled radiantly. He wanted to wake up to those dazzling eyes every morning, her angelic aura making his heart flutter.

The girl his father had wanted him to marry seemed like a pleasant, well-mannered female, but she just wasn't the one he wanted. Her chest seemed to wrong size and her raven hair just wasn't as silky as the maiden from the kingdom.

He glared at his father infuriatedly before bowing in apology to the princess and running out of the room.

He could hear the vulgar sounding yells of his father, but ignored them and ran out towards his white stallion in the stables

-   .   o   ❃   o   .   -

The young girl tucked the stray hair behind her ear as she stood in the flower field, picking some of the most beautiful ones. They were for the children in the orphanage, as they didn't go so much as some scraps and the shirts on their backs.

King Enji was a foul leader for such a beautiful kingdom, and she doubted that his son would be any different when he became king. He did seem to have a softer look to him and didn't wield fire wherever he went. The villagers seemed to love him and so did the orphans, but she just couldn't see the point in having all the guards and fancy clothes. It seemed a little too ostentatious for her liking, so she preferred to stay out where no one would find her.

The flower fields were her own creation, using her quirk to make them. She had the ability to grow plants wherever she liked and they would sometimes grow in trails behind her if she was really happy. She had lost count by now of the amount of times she had to apologise to her mother for the flowers sprouting between the floorboards.

Her bedroom was filled with beautiful plants, all of which she found no trouble in caring for. She enjoyed being this way, though it could be lonely every now and again. She used to have a friend she would wander around with, who's quirk could control water, but her family had to move away due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. She knew that it was just because the King wanted to ruin the business her friend's family had because it was making so much money. She just hoped the same wouldn't happen to her family. Her father and mother owned a joint business in selling plants to people. Her mother had the ability to make seeds and her father had the ability to make things grow, so it only made sense that to two used their love to make something even more beautiful.