Todoroki Shoto x Reader (short angst) - Kindling

There wasn't much to the young male's world other than his aspirations to be the greatest hero to exist. Nothing. He hadn't thought about what his social life would be like when he was older, but he didn't really want to. That was until you came along.

He sat in his office, reminiscing the days where the two of you were wild and young high school students. It was the best time of his life. The both of you would always walk to and from school together. You would steal kisses from each other when no one else was looking.

You were the perfect type of couple, and eventually ended up getting married to each other. He still remembers how angelic you looked as you walked down the isle, the white dress trailing behind you as you gave him your brightest smile. It was truly a dream for the both of you.

Oh, and the night that followed. It was nothing but passion and love, the two of you becoming one. It had been his first time as well as your own; the raw emotion that you'd both been holding down since high  school finally releasing. He couldn't remember how many times he had made love to you, but he was sure it was a lot. Your cries of pleasure and writhing form beneath him was something that never left his mind. 

As a result, you eventually blessed the world with your first child, a little boy who had the eyes of his father and the hair of his mother. A small creature, eyes filled with wonder and curiosity at what the world would offer him. 

He grew up being loved by both parents, who soon gave him the gift of a younger sister. Both children were beautiful and had the positive qualities of their mother and father. They managed to pick up some of the less perfect qualities too, like Shoto's rebellious nature and your lack of confidence. 

The both of you still loved your children though, nothing would change that. 

Eventually, your body caught up to you and you had to retire from your hero work and be moved into a hospital. Your heart was growing weak, and at such a young age was something of a tragedy. Shoto didn't deal with it very well. He began to lose focus in his hero work and would be silent at home - according to your children. They would often come to you crying, pleading you to get better so that their father would 'love them again'. However, you pulled them into your lap, kissing both of their heads.

"Your father loves you more than anything, he's just trying to deal with the changes. He'll be okay soon. I'll talk to him."

The issue was that Shoto never came to see you. He couldn't bear the sight of your frail body, slowly getting worse every day. He didn't want to lose you, so he ignored your messages and calls.

The day he got that message was the worst in his life. 

'We are afraid to inform you that your wife has passed away during the night. She asked for you to be informed of her final words.'

The text below sent him over the edge.

'I love all three of you. Grow up to be great heroes and make the world a safer place.'

He completely broke down. His sobs could be heard throughout the entire home, though his children were at school. He couldn't bear to let them see him like this. He had been so ignorant towards his family. He had been ignoring them all in fear of losing them, when he should have been spending all of his time with them. There was nothing more that he wanted than to hug you close to his body and hear your laughing once again. He wanted to see your smile and tell you how much he loved you. He couldn't do such things now however since you were gone. 

That night, he told his children that their mother had left. He said that 'she's going to be a hero in a better place.'

He held the funeral in her favourite spot. It was a small field that they had discovered as teenagers, one filled with white daisies. 

Anyone who would come across the field from then on would find a grave in the middle of it. A man would visit every year on her birthday with a bouquet of her favourite flowers. Two children would follow behind him and lay flowers down for their mother, always saying the same thing as they knelt in front of it.

"I'll be a hero that you can be proud of. Don't worry, I'll protect this world the way you would have wanted."