Bakugo Katsuki x Reader (fantasy AU) - hell yes

If you guys like these Fantasy AU oneshots, then please request some more of your favourite characters and I will gladly write them! Also, happy birthday Katsu-kun!

Today was supposed to be the day you were leaving home. You had finally become old enough to leave the small village you knew your whole life. The idea of leaving home to venture into the wide and dangerous world had never scared you, since you were a natural born warrior.

Your family had many generations of legendary warriors that contributed as huntsman and participated in bloody and brutal wars. The other kids in the village had always thought of you as an odd child, one who wasn't scared of anything gory or risking your very life. You, infact, adored the idea of running free and slaying the most terrible of monsters around.

So, the 6 year old h/c child had decided that she wanted to be a warrior. You trained your whole life for this day, preparing for the day where you could finally be free. There was nothing stopping you now, as you put the final part of your gear into a satchel attached to the side of your raven haired horse, Mira. She had been found as just a pony outside the village and no one had known what to do with her, so you decided to take her in.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Okaa-san, I need to go now or I won't make it past the tundra by sunset!"

"Just wait a second longer Y/n, I won't see you again for a long time! Can't a mother say goodbye to her only child!"

Here you were, about to set off into the wild and wonderful world that you lived in. This world had fascinated you your whole life: dragons and goblins and magic - all of it. You had hundreds of books stacked in what was once your bedroom, all been read and scribbled on with notes. These things had been etched into your mind at a young age, and now it was all about to become useful.

Your mother let go of you after a few seconds, tears streaming down her cheeks. You smiled at her reassuringly, before hopping onto your horse and trotting away from your home.

You passed the gates of the village and felt giddy; you couldn't wait for your adventure! You kicked your leg into Mira, her neigh reaching your ears before she galloped off towards the tundra border.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Passing the tundra border had been harder than you had originally anticipated, much harder. Mira got caught in many of the leafless branches you passed, and you got a few cuts and scratches from them.

You sighed as you looked over at the sleeping horse, the campfire heating you both up in the middle of a forest. There would be much more travelling before you could reach your first stop at the village. Reaching into the satchel, which now sat beside you, you pulled out a woolen blanket that your mother had knitted a week ago. It still smelled like your home, which was comforting while you were out in such a new place.

You wrapped yourself in the blanket, laying down beside the horse and watching the fire as you fell into a deep sleep.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You awoke with a jolt, hearing Mira calling out in distress. You shot up from your sleeping position, only to find that she was no longer by your side. Panic and fear swelled up inside of you, frantically looking around for your companion.

A sudden neigh of distress came from your right, so you darted that way into the forest. However, you didn't forget to grab your sword before you did. Your eyes flew around the place, searching for your beloved steed. You knew that she could be anywhere, and in any type of danger. You had to make it to her before it was too late and-. You stopped yourself from thinking like that. No, you wouldn't allow that to happen to your precious and only friend. She had been the only one to listen when you spoke about how mean that the other kids were to you back in the village. She was the only one who knew about the mean nickname carved into your back by the most brutal bullies in the village, the only one who would comfort you when times were really distressing.