Dabi x Reader - Blossoms

The transition of Winter into Spring was always something that caught your eye. Nothing could compare to the frozen, dull world becoming bright and beautiful once again and reawakening as the new year began.

You and your friends were planning to visit the blossoms this year. You did this every year with your family, but alas you could not this year. Your mother had become ill during Winter and was therefore spending her time in the hospital. You would visit her every day and tell her about what had been going on in your busy life as a student. You were attending the prestigious UA academy as a first year in class A. Life was going well for you in terms of academics, though sometimes you felt a bit lonely.

The feeling of loneliness was rare, though it did occur. You were often far too busy with your studies and your social life to even begin to take a break for yourself, but there would be times when you were lying alone in bed at night trying to get to sleep. Thoughts would often plague your mind, not allowing you to rest. That would be when you would feel it.

You stood in the mirror at your house, pinning your hair up for the day. You wore your best kimono for the celebration, and brought a small bag with you. You exited your house and walked along the street. Many others were dressed in a similar attire to your own.

You caught sight of your friends in the distance, waving around sparklers and talking to each other.

You greeted them happily, before all of you went to go and find a spot to sit in. Todoroki rolled out a blanket for the group, while Midoriya sorted through the picnic basket. Uraraka and Iida were already digging into some tofu that had been supplied, their expressions thoroughly satisfied.

You sat on the blanket, gazing up at the trees that bordered the river. There was a row of Sakura blossom trees on either side of the river, the reflections in the water adding to the aesthetic. You could see people sitting at the other side of the river with their friends and family, also enjoying the sights. It was very busy, bustling with the people who wanted to witness the beauty of the blossoms.

He sat on the old blanket that had been found. He didn't really want to come out to see the blossoms at this time in the evening, since it was the busiest. He didn't deal well with crowds, but Toga decided to drag him along anyway. He had to admit, the sight of the blossoms reminded him of when he was young. Innocent to the world and living without a single care or problem. He found a small smile coming onto his face, but tried to hide it before anyone would notice.

It began to get busier and busier, seemingly hundreds of people sitting along the side of the river. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable with the setting, when his eyes caught something on the other side of the river. There was a small group of teenagers sitting on a blanket together that he recognised. UA brats. He huffed and was about to look away, when Izuku moved to reveal a girl he didn't recognise. She had soft h/c hair and bright e/c eyes that seemed to reflect light more than the river. To say that he found her attractive would be an understatement. She wasn't the usual kind of girl he would be attracted to. Usually he went for confident women who were looking to have some fun, but this was different. He felt the unfamiliar fluttering of his heart when he saw her smile. It was such an innocent feeling, one he desperately wanted rid of.

But then her eyes met his.

You glanced over at the other side of the river when you felt watched, and caught the gaze of  male. He was tall and slim, possessing eyes that glowing a piercing blue. You would definitely say that he was a handsome male, probably the most handsome you'd ever seen in your life.

He continued to watch you intensely, seemingly not noticing that you had noticed him, until you passed a kind smile his way. His eyes widened and he looked away from you, a small dusting of pink coating his cheeks.

You stood up and walked along the riverside, being mindful not to stand on anyone. The area was densely populated, crammed with people who wished to observe the enchanting sight that was the blooming of the blossoms.

You stopped after you reached the bridge, the one which connected the two sides of the river. The sides of the bridge had people scattered along them, not one space being empty. Everyone was facing the trees and river, making it feel as if you were alone. Alone with him.

He stood there on the other side of the river observing you with an unreadable expression. Not being sure what to do, you opted to stare at the ground. Being within such a close proximity to him, you noticed how attractive he actually was. His eyes were a radiant teal, standing out in the pale background. He had patches of burnt skin that were attached to his normal skin with surgical staples, quite an abnormal look. Fluffy black hair sat atop his head, small spikes sticking out in all directions.

"So... UA?"

"How did you know?"

"I recognise you from the tv."

You nodded, glancing up at him. He looked as if he felt very awkward in the situation, probably as much as you did.

"D-do.. you want my number?"

He nodded hastily, pulling his phone out. You took it from him and typed your phone number and name into the device, before returning it to him. Passing a small smile and a bow, you scurried off back to your friends.

He couldn't believe that he'd actually managed it. No one in their right mind would give a guy like him their number, especially not a girl like her. She was young and pure, a kid with so much ahead of her in life. He had already ruined his life through crime and villainy. He wasn't sure what to think of her giving him her number, but he sure as hell wasn't going to pass up on the opportunity.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

Unknown number: hey

Y/n: hello?

Unknown number: it's me. The guy from the park.

Y/n: oh right! What's your name, sorry?

Unknown number: I go by Dabi.

Y/n: okay

Dabi: I was wondering

Dabi: do you want to go on a date sometime?

Y/n: you sure you're up for it?

Y/n: I'm a lot to handle

Dabi: I'm sure I can handle you

Y/n: oh, great :)

Dabi: 8 Friday night?

Y/n: sounds good

Y/n: here's my address: (address)

Dabi: great. See you then

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

You laid there in your bed, unable to stop smiling like an idiot from the excitement of your upcoming date. You couldn't wait.

Part 2?

Hey guys! Sorry I've been away so long, I've found myself to be really busy recently. I hope you're all enjoying season 4 though! Enjoy your day/night and comment for a part 2!