(Long fic)Yandere! Todoroki Shoto x Reader - If I could choose any word

If you could choose one word to describe Todoroki Shoto, it would be talented. He could do just about anything you wanted him to do and it was obvious that he would be an amazing hero. You knew about him hating his father but thought nothing of it, seeing as it didn't involve you.

"Words are what we use on a daily basis. They help us communicate and express ourselves. If we didn't have words, there would be nothing we could possibly do to communicate other than drawing things. We need words to survive, as they may be the thing that helps a hero find the location of someone who's in danger. We'll take a look at this in further detail next week. Have a good weekend."

The bell went as soon as Present Mic stopped talking and everyone began to flood out of the class. You were at the door when you heard your name being called by the teacher.

"Y/n L/n and Shoto Todoroki. Stay behind please."

You had no idea as to what this could be about. You hadn't done anything wrong and had never even spoken to Todoroki, so it only made sense that it would have something to do with schoolwork. It seemed you were right, because as soon as the last person closed the door, the teacher explained.

"Both of you have gotten full marks on every assignment I have given you this month! So I'll be asking the two of you to write a script as extra credit. You'll be working together and using your own time to come up with ideas. You must speak about the way that words influence us and use some words to describe each other. You will write half each and then give it back in at the end of the month."

Todoroki nodded and you also did, before Present Mic dismissed you and you hurried out of the classroom. You had begun to panic about what you could say about him. You had been thinking about him in class, but that was only because the teacher had mentioned describing people and you had spotted him in your peripheral vision.

Your hand was grabbed as you neared the bottom of the stairs, abruptly stopping you. You turned and was faced with none other than the bi-coloured male. He had an expression on that you couldn't read, in fact, he looked sort of emotionless. He just stared you down for half a minute as you waited for him to speak, before you started to get uncomfortable. He had a tight grip on your hand, not seeming to want to let go when you tried to pull away.

"Do you need anything Todoroki-san?"

"Use Shoto-kun. I was wondering if you were free tomorrow afternoon?"

You tilted your head. Surely you wouldn't need to be together to write this thing. You could just write about each other and put it together at the end. That would be the only time you would be required to meet up with him. Also, you had been planning to make some cookies with your good friend Akira from the support course. But that was planned for the night since she was planning to stay over.

"We don't need to be together for this project. And I'd prefer to use Todoroki-san, thanks."

You hadn't meant to sound rude, but you could tell that you came off that way. You bit your bottom lip and stared at him for a few moments in the uncomfortable silence, before he spoke again.

"I want to hang out, as friends."

You were confused now. Was this supposed to be some kind of joke? That was the only explanation which you could think of, apart from the fact that he could've tried to hint at a date. Your face became warm at the thought of something like that, but you knew that it couldn't be true. He was just too perfect for that. You weren't really interested in him that way anyway.