Todoroki shoto x Shy! Reader

Dear diary, (cue heathers)

I still haven't spoken to him yet, I've been planning on it for a little while but I can't even muster up the courage to tell him my name. Most people might think that he knew my name since I've been in his class for quite a while now, but I doubt he'd pay attention to someone as insignificant as me. Oh well, I'm getting carried away. Nothing else to talk about

Y/n

She closed her diary and put it into its secret hiding place, before laying down and staring at the ceiling as she released a heavy sigh. She wasn't prepared for tomorrow's events, though she doubted they'd be different from any other day. He would smile at her and she would be too embarrassed to smile back, resulting in staring at her thumbs which she fiddled with constantly.

Closing her eyes, she drifted off into her own little dreamland where her anxiety and fears didn't exist.
.
.
.
.

Y/n walked into her classroom expecting nobody to be present. She was always the first one to arrive, not wanting to be looked at by people as she entered. However, on this particular morning, the red and white haired boy that her mind was plagued by was sitting on her desk. Why was he sitting there? Many questions similar to these filled her head, causing a panicked expression to make its way onto her face without her knowledge. Shoto noticed this and furrowed his eyebrows in concern; why was she making such a face? He was already well aware of her anxiety, noticing the way she behaved around larger crowds.

"Y/n-chan?"

He knows my name!

She looked up immediately, making short-lived eye contact with him before her eyes darted around the room to avoid it. He smiled a little at her, waving his hand to gain her attention again.

"I've noticed you're quite shy, especially more recently. I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you as a friend. You can talk to me and trust me."

Y/n had to look down to hide the furious blush spreading across her cheeks, hands clasped tightly to prevent fidgeting.

"T-thank you, Todoroki-san."

"Drop the formalities and just call me Shoto."

She nodded once and Todoroki moved from her desk, allowing her space to sit down and prepare for class.

Dear diary,

He actually spoke to me! He said we were friends! I can't even feel friend-zoned because of how happy I am right now! His smile was so angelic and dreamy, I can't get the image out of my mind. That was closer than we've ever been before! I'm not sure how to react, but I'm actually planning to try and talk to him tomorrow. Maybe he'll let me sit with him at lunch. I'll let you know how it goes

Y/n

She walked up to his lunch table the next day while trying to prevent her hands from shaking as she held her lunch tray. The first to look up at her was Izuku Midoriya, who gave her a warm smile before he looked at Todoroki and nudged his arm. Shoto looked at Midoriya confused, before he saw Y/n standing at the side of the table. Her cheeks were dusted pink as she looked at him nervously.

"May I sit with you, Shoto?"

He was surprised by how calm and composed she seemed, though smiled at the thought of her taking up his offer from yesterday.

"Of course."

She sat in the seat beside him while trying to calm herself down. She felt so brave for what she had just accomplished. Surprisingly, she felt more calm than she had expected. She had in fact expected the exact opposite, though she thought it might have been due to Shoto' s calming aura mixed with what he had said to her yesterday. She felt safe as she sat by his side eating her lunch. It felt like her anxiety and fear were gone, giving her a break and some time to relax.

He, on the other hand, was not as relaxed as her. Millions of questions flooded his mind.

What if she doesn't like my friends?

What if they don't like her?

Is she uncomfortable being this close to me?

Am I creeping her out?

He realised what he was doing and calmed down before he made himself any more paranoid. He was just going to sit and enjoy himself, preparing for what he had planned after school.
.
.
.
.

She was more confused than ever, there was no reason for her to be standing under a tree in front of the school this late in the day. The surroundings were tinted orange with the setting sun and she took a look at the clock on her phone.

5:46pm

The temperature was beginning to drop as time passed, causing her to wrap her arms around herself for warmth. Where was Todoroki? He had told her to wait for him outside after she had finished her after-school activities because he needed her for something important. She hadn't thought at all, just agreed and was now waiting outside underneath a tree. She was considering going inside to try and find him, but didn't want to miss him at all or seem desperate.

She stood there for another ten minutes before turning and beginning to walk away from the tree towards the gate. She felt reluctant to leave, though she couldn't afford to wait much longer. She would miss her train.

She paused when she heard her name being called and hurried footsteps approaching her. She turned to see an out of breath Todoroki panting and resting his hands on his knees. His face was glistening from sweat and his ears were dark red. He struggled to recollect himself, though he turned to her when he had managed.

"I'm sorry I took so long. They wouldn't let me leave the club before they finished their meeting."

Y/n nodded, not really sure what she was meant to say. She really liked Todoroki, but she was freezing and her ears had started to get so cold that she was experiencing a headache. So, in conclusion, she was annoyed.

"Anyway, I want to tell you something. Y/n, I-I've liked you for a long time now. I was hoping you would maybe... consider going on a date with me?"

Her eyes widened and her cheeks were set ablaze with a furious blush. She had not expected this at all. He remind started to panic and ask many questions, causing the two toned boy to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. He waved his hand in front of her face and she flinched, coming back to reality.

"So? What do you think?"

"Yes!" she tried to calm herself down, angry at herself for shouting, "I'll go on a date with you. I-I've liked you for a while too."

He smiled as his nerves disappeared almost completely. He was afraid that the whole thing was going to fail and he would make a fool of himself. Composing his thoughts, he took the chance to clasp both of her hands between his. She looked up at him as he softened his expression.

"I'll pick you up on Saturday at 11."

————————————

Dear diary,

He asked me out! I have a date on Saturday with him, I'm so nervous! I hope he enjoys spending time with me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Y/n.

—————————————————————————————
Hey guys! I understand that I haven't posted anything in ages and ages, but I haven't had the motivation to do it. Recently however, I've been trying to push myself to do it again. Also, I'm getting very very bored during this lockdown period. So I plan on writing more often. I'll be accepting requests and trying to file through all of the comments to find some older ones. I hope you're all careful and stay at home during these tough times!

Dia❤︎

Ps. I'll make a sequel to this if anyone wants it. Just let me know what kind of sequel you guys want eg. Lemon, fluff, lime...