2 | Trauma Is Personal

Sometimes it feels better not to talk.
At all.
About anything.
To anyone.

It's easier that way.

Facing my mom and aunt will have to be the hardest thing.

"For how long are you- Zaya is that you?" My moms voice sounded like it came from the kitchen. With my body in so much pain I move as fast as I could to the stairs.

"Zaya come for sec, your mom and I need your help." My dadʻs sister, Aunty Jada called out, I clench onto my stomach, those bastards hit hella hard.

"I-Im kinda tired and I wanna shower. Cant you-

"Zaya now please." I can here the eagerness in my moms voice.

I clenched onto my stomach as I slowly made my way to the kitchen. I guided my hair to the front of my face so it covers my black eye that I was given by one of those goons.

"What would you like help-

The thing that I was seeing made me close my eyes and reopen them. I was in complete shock I had totally forgotten how much pain I was.

"Daddy?"

"Hi baby girl." He smiles opening his arms.

I could careless how much pain I was I ran into his arms. Wrapping my arms around his torso as he held onto me, burring my face into chest.

I havenʻt seen my dad in two months. Whatever his job is has him traveling a lot and I hate it. Hes the only one that really understands me. My mom and I never really get along, I feel like Iʻm a disappointment and not good enough for her. Shes overprotective, overbearing, and nothing seems to please her anymore.

"Let me look at you." I was so focused on my dad I forgot my whole condition. "Holy fuck what happened to you?"

"Damn it." I mumbled wrapping my arms around my body.

"Zaya what happened to you?" Aunty Jada's husband, Uncle Noah spoke.

"Some girls at my school." I lie in hopes they buy my little fib.

"Zaya." My mom crosses her arms.

Flashback

"P-Please I-i dont know a-anything." I cried as I began to regain my breath again.

He observed my whole body but most importantly my eyes. After what felt like hours he rolls his eyes and looks away. I shut my eyes tight for whats to come but instead he speaks.

"Mention this to no one. If I find out you snitched... youre fucking dead." He bent down to my level and lifted my head with his index finger. "Got it, princessa?"

"I promise."

End Of Flashback

Snapping back into reality  I slightly smile. "It was these girls from school."

"Zaya." My dad looked down at me, placing his hands on my shoulders. I refused to look him in the eyes. He sighs and grabs my hand. He takes me to my room upstairs and closes the door.

"Its just us now. Tell me what happened, baby girl." I missed him so much.

"I cant tell you even if I wanted to." I finally say.

"Why not?"

Flashback

"Mention this to no one. If I find out you snitched... youre fucking  dead." He bent down to my level and lifted my head with his index  finger. "Got it, princessa?"