24 | For Attention

Students are sent to the principals office for two reasons. You did something really good or you did something bad. I can't remember the last good thing I did... so I'm gonna go with bad.

I haven't been in trouble since elementary school, back in my carefree days. Did they find out Rainer and I left the group in Chicago? I hope they don't bring my mom into this. That's the last thing I need is my mom breathing down my neck.

As soon as I walked into the office a cold chill washed over me. A woman in her late thirties typing away on her keyboard. Not once did she look up to see who came in.

"Principal Walker will see you now." She spoke in a monotone voice, pointing to the door.

"Thank you." I breath, forcing a smile. Before opening the door I took a few deep breaths before actually opening the door. His chair behind his desk faced to the wall.

"You wanted to see me Princi-" suddenly the door behind me was slammed shut, sending my heart in my stomach. I turned around to see a tall man who was all dressed in black. To say he was a bit intimidating was an understatement.

"I never liked high school. It was too...." Slowly the chair turned around and I wish it didn't. "Childish for me."

"Colten."

"I know what your thinking... how did I get so lucky to be in the presence of a god?" He leans back in Principal Walker's chair, kicking his feet up on his desk.

"Not exactly." I reply hesitantly.

"I would have visited you sooner but you're such a busy women. It's hard to get your attention." His voice was mischievous and low. Which made my skin crawl.

"So you come to my school... again?" I don't know if he could hear my heart beating out of my chest, but I could.

"It's been far too long, Amura."

Wait...

Did he just...

"W-what did you..." The growing smirk on his face confirmed it. "It was you, you're the anonymous number that's been predicting all the shit."

I'm such an idiot.

Why didn't I think of it sooner... Wait I know why, because I'm stupid!

"Ho-how did you do it?"

He simply shrugs. "Because I caused it. The car crash, the explosion, the kidnappings, and Rainer... it was all me."

Normally I would keep my feelings to myself. But for some reason I wanted to scream. I wanted to hurt him in a way that will cause him great pain.

"Why?" I hissed, digging my nails into the palm of my hands.

"I hate being ignored." His smirk fades into an emotionless straight line. His eyes are dark and cold, full of pain and mischief.

"You did all that for attention?"

"Do I have your attention now?" When he finally gets up from his seat the anger was replaced with fear. He made his way around the desk and leaned back on it.

"Every year I host this big gala. Hundreds of people from across the state makes it their top priority to come." He takes a few steps towards me. I was too afraid to move like I usually would. When we came to about a few inches away he stopped.

"This years theme is a masquerade ball. I find it mysterious,captivating, and dangerous." He smirks once again and eyes me up and down. "Kinda like you, Amura."

Dangerous? He's the dangerous one!

"You put my friends in danger to brag about your successful parties?"  I ask slowly trying to process this all.