20 | Late Confessions

A sixteen year old girl from Chamberlin High School was kidnapped by Jayce Calaway this afternoon.

A young brunette with soft green eyes. Her smile made you want to smile. I can kinda see why Marìa would say we look alike.

I continued to scroll down my phone out of curiosity.

The most wanted gang in Los Angeles, the Royals, have died in a mysterious house fire. The cause is left unknown but it's safe to say that we won't have to worry about them anymore. Los Angeles is one gang safer.

"Lynx?"

I instinctively locked my phone tucking it safely in my pocket.

Trey stood there with his shoulder leaned against the lockers. Like always he looked good, wearing a simple white Tee and red leather jacket to liven it up. He wore dark shades covering his kind eyes.

"Can we talk?" He spoke again.

I let out a sigh crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Ezra. You have to understand that it wasn't my place. Also I'm sorry about the other day, we should have been more considerate." I couldn't tell if he genuinely cared, his eyes were covered.

When I slowly removed his sunglasses, he immediately looked down. I placed my hand on his cheek stepping closer to him.

When he looked up I had to bite down in my lower lip to refrain from gasping. The purple stain above his eyebrow had sunk in, giving the black eye appearance. His lips that was perfect had a cut.

"I know I didn't think it was possible ether." I looked at him confused and he smirks. "I look even sexier than before. It's okay you can admit it."

I roll my eyes as I bite the inside of my cheek.

Don't smile.

"What was it that you had to fight? Why did it have to be right then and there? What was the reason?" 

"It's nothing." He reaches for his glasses but I pulled away. "Lynx..."

"You pulled a gun on him." My voice was bit shaky for some reason.

He lets out an exasperated sigh.

"What was the reason?"

For a moment he took a moment to look at me. As if he was studying me or something. When he pushed off the lockers he took a  step closer.

"You." He whispers.

"W-What?"

"We were fighting because of you." He says again but this time with more context. "Rainer was mad that I got Colten near you."

"Fine don't tell me." I shake my head placing his glasses in his hands.

"It's the truth." He slides in front of me as I turn. Placing his hands on each side of my head against the lockers, trapping me.

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

I start to notice the stares I'm the hallway. I start to shift uncomfortably, noticing how close we were.

"People are staring." I stare back at them and I heard a low growl.

"Fuck off." He looks over his shoulder. The people jolts out of fear and quickly walk- no run away. "Zaya, I'm telling you the truth."

"Rainer doesn't care enough to do that. He would never risk that much attention for me."

Once again he stared at me.