12 | Intoxicating

Marìa POV

I don't know where we're going. I don't know who they were. But one thing is for sure... I am not gonna stop running for my life.

"We gotta stop."

"What, no way! I'm not gonna die today!" I reclaim as Luke frantically looks around. "Does my feet hurt? Yes it does! Am I starving? Hell yeah! But you don't see me- Are you listening to me?"

"No." He grabs my hand pulling towards a long line of people. "Excuse me... sorry." Cutting in front many people. We reached the front which led to the big Ferris wheel.

"You bitch!" I heard a women from behind me.

I turned around to see the whore who tried to cut in front of me.

"Hi my names is Karma." I smile, sticking out my hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Marìa." Luke grabbed my arm paying the guy a few more bucks for the trouble we're causing. He lightly shoved me into the small carrier as I continued to laugh at my own joke.

"Do you get it? Karmas a bitch... I'm a bitch!" I laugh hysterically. When I finally composed myself Luke had an unamused face.

"Get out." He said with no emotion.

"You love me." I wink before focusing on the view beside me. As the carrier got higher the more beautiful it was.

"Why won't you talk about that night."

"Luke." I huff tossing my head back. "I told you."

"Why does commitment scare you?"

"It doesn't scare me, Luke. I'm just not looking for a relationship right now. I just want to have fun is that so bad?" Why can't he drop it.

"Seriously whats the reason? You had two boyfriends in your lifetime. When that ended you started hooking up with random guys." I tried my best by avoiding his ocean blue eyes. "That's not you M."

Hearing my nickname makes my heart skip a beat.

"Marìa..." His hand guided my face to look at his perfectly sculpted one. "I can't drop it." My heart was pounding out of my chest, I swore he could hear it.

When I noticed him starting to lean in. Every part of my being wanted to... but I can't.

I turn my head. "Just try."

Zaya POV

Fear washes over me. The men thats been chasing us is nearly gaining on us. This place is flooded with people making it impossible to maneuver around.

I knew this was a bad idea. Why the fuck did I listen to them.

"Move move." Rainer shoves a women from her motorcycle.

This went from bad to worse.

"Excuse me!" The women protests.

"Here keep it." He hands the women some cash and she immediately backed off. "Get on."

"Rainer, I've never-"

"Zaya, we don't have time for this. Now get on!" He exclaims revving the engine. I heard two voices from behind. The men that's been chasing us. "Zaya..."

I rolled my eyes and swung my leg over. I wrapped my arms around his torso. When I heard shots being fired, I buried my face into his back clenching my legs to the bike. The speed he chose to go made my grip tighten around his hard torso.

I felt the bike move quickly side to side. Just missing the bullets. The bike taking sharp turn makes me shriek.

"You okay?" Rainers voice was rigged from the running that we've been doing. "Zaya..."