39 | Day By Day

Day 8

This week has been complete shit. How I managed to get through it? Lots of tv and sitting on my ass. What else is there to do in a hospital?

Nothing!

Ezra and Andrè come to visit before school. While Jaden and Luke visit after, funny how they're avoiding each other. As for my lying relatives, they visit at dinner time when their illegal activities are over with. Even though I cam close to death does not mean they are off the fucking hook. It's their fault for letting me leave upset. Not mine.

"Vitals are stable, your cuts look like they're healing pretty well. How's your shoulder?" My regular nurse, Elaine writes away on her folded paper.

"Peachy, now can I see my friend?" I fake a smile because I feel dead inside.

I haven't seen Marìa since the night of the accident. Nobody will let me see or hear from her. I know I said I would fuck out of their business and not care. But, I'm not completely heartless.

"Can you get up on your own?"

I roll my eyes placing my hands beside me. I carefully pressed down into the bed and a sharp pain shoots up my left arm.

"Fuck." I mumble, letting out a frustrated breath. "Let me try again."

"No." My nurse responds. "You can't even sit up, let alone walk on your own." She smiles sincerely before leaving me to sulk.

"Fuck you."

Day 16

Sitting in a hospital room for two weeks nowhere to go but the bathroom, fucking sucks. It makes you think about shit you never want to think about. Like why am I such a naive little bitch? Why do I keep fucking shit up? Why cant I be more like Zoe Ford? My mom and Zoe Ford are two different people. Zoe is real fearless and my mom is nothing but a lying coward.

The emotional pain is numb at this point, it would be concerning for some people. If they knew.

Its better for everyone if I just ignore the emotional stress and turn back to normal. Focus on the fact that all of my friends are alright, we got off lucky.

"Fuck, did you see that take down?" Jadenʻs voice pulls me from my thoughts. He sat at the foot of my bed. "Luke, are you even watching?"

I noticed Luke staring at the ground with his elbows rested on his knees. He doesn't look too good. Jaden grabbed a box of tissues from my nightstand throwing it at looks chest.

"What?"

"Whats with you? Your missing the whole match! " Jaden points the remote to the tv with wide eyes. Luke rolls his eyes standing tall with his head high.

"I have a lot of homework to do." Luke fixes his leather jacket. "I should go."

"Luke..." I say as his hand grabs the door knob.

"Right, sorry..." He forces a smile. "Love you." Placing a kiss on my cheek before leaving the room.

I look at Jaden for answers but it only made me more confused. His jaw clenched as his whole body tenses.

"Jaden whats-"

"Ill be right back." He hissed, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before storming out. "LUKE! Was the last I heard before the door shuts.

Without thinking I try to sit up and sharp pain shoots up my left arm and side.

"Fuck..." I hiss.