5 | Rough Day

There's only one basic principle of self defense- you must apply the most effective weapon, as soon as possible, to the most vulnerable target.

Second day now and I've been avoiding Rainer really well. I haven't seen him since the closet incident.

"Alright we are going to teach you the basics of self defense. Because you are all beginners we will have the advanced class come and assist." My coach-PE- you know what my teacher, Mr.Cane.

This school is slightly different from the others. What are parents do for a living gives us privileges. In other words because our parents are very good at their job we're blessed with tons of money. 

So they send us here, West Bridge High. So we can learn to defend ourselves in nasty situations, be independent, and most importantly, protected.

For example, instead of PE we have self defense classes and dangerous scenarios we have to get out of.

Ya know just in case.

"Johnson and Fridge... Drake with Writes... Ford and Hunt... Black with Evans..."

Wait did Mr. Cane just say-

But I was doing so well!

"Let's get this over with." Rainer stood before me wearing nothing but athletic shorts. Revealing his chiseled features.

"I don't think this is a good idea." I wrap my arms around my stomach.

He opens his mouth to respond but Mr. Cane interrupts.

"Ford less talking more fighting! Hunt you are the attacker now go!" He blew his whistle throwing his hands on his hips.

"Big shocker." I mumbled as I got into the stance he showed the class earlier. I go in first for the lunch but he easily dodges it.

He rolls his eyes. "I'm the attacker, genius. I haven't attacked you yet." He said before throwing a punch right in front of my face, millimeters away from touching. Then he threw one to my gut and side, still not touching it.

He didn't hesitate to punch me back then.

"Rule number one..." He swings his leg over bringing it to my cheek. "Hit first, the door of escape will open widely for you."

I attempt to throw in a punch to his gut but he deflects it quickly.

"Rule number two..."  I used the opportunity to throw a punch but he easily caught it and spun me around. Pressing his hard sweaty chest to my back. He rests his chin on my shoulder pressing his lips to my ear.

"Keep close, it's harder for your opponent to hit you." He whispers sending chills down my spine.

I try to loosen the hold he has with his one arm around my chest. But he's too strong.

"Rule number three, Stay calm, fear slows you down."

The feeling of being trapped starts to freak me out. I can't breathe... I can't think.

Images of him standing over my weak frail body in the alley replayed in my mind. The word "Pégale" echoes in my mind.

"You just died." He whispers bringing me back into the cold reality. "Your punches is slow, stance is all wrong, and your guard isn't up."

I need space.

"If someone were to attack... you'd be dead."

Someone like you?

Either way, I can't do this anymore.

I bit his arm then elbowed his stomach. He let out a groan as he released the hold he had on me.