44 | Night Before Hell

I prefer loneliness over fake company any day.

"People usually are the happiest when home." He states, making his rounds in my room. 

"When a psycho isn't in it." I add, not quite sure of my confidence.

He stops and smirks. "Somebody finally found their voice."

I took a deep breath before speaking against
"What do you want Colten?"

"Can't I just catch up with an old friend?" He says innocently, taking a seat on my bed.

"Friend?" I scoff.

"You and Rainer any serious?" He picks up my teddy bear that my dad gave me for my fourth birthday.

"Why?" I snatch the bear from his hands.

He shrugs, "To be honest I didn't think he had the balls. You know, considering..."

"Considering what?" I question, hoping he would give me a straight answer.

"Considering how many enemies he has." His eyes darken along with the tone of his voice. When he stands up to slowly move toward me. My heart began to race as my feet froze.

"It's dangerous to have someone you care about in the gang life."  He gently ticks away a strand behind my left ear.

I swallow the lump in my throat. "What do you really want, Colten?"

"Tomorrow is a very big day for all of us. The big fight, the ceremony, I would hate for you to miss the show." His voice had a hint of mischievous. "He needs his new girlfriend to cheer him on in his big fight with Trey."

"I'm not going." I state sternly, crossing my arms.

"I love this new attitude," he pinched my cheek. "But I'm afraid you will be going."

"I can't, I don't want to see Rainer get hurt for no reason."

"There is a reason." He says.

"What is it?"

"You." He states.

"What?"

He smirks, "You will attend the big fight tomorrow. Just hours before he becomes leader."

"Colten I-"

"If you are not present, if your friends aren't present, there will be consequences." He adjusts his leather jacket. "What I did to Marìa I can easily do it again. Only this time I won't go so easy."

The words that left his disgusting mouth made my heart drop. I felt the anger rage inside of me. But soon guilt slowly started to consume me. My heart began to race as I felt the palms of my hands begin to sweat.

"I-If I go... you'll leave my family alone?" My voice quieter than I meant it to be.

"You have my word." He places his hand on his stomach, taking a bow.

I can't deal with anymore pain.

"Okay."

A smile forms on his psychotic face.
"Pleasure seeing you."

I watch the monster leave my dorm room. Leaving me completely and utterly defeated.
I could feel my heart rate pick up, taking quick uneasy breaths.

All the bloody nightmares that I call memories, came flooding back.

"Andrè... can you hear me? Please wake up!" I knelt down by his side trying to find a pulse. But my hands were trembling too much.