14 | Distraction

7 : 1 7 A M

"Why the hell are you still sleeping?  Even I'm awake, that says a lot!" I flipped over to my side covering my head with the pillow. "I thought you nerds loved school."

"We nerds love our sleep a lot more." I grumble into the pillow. Suddenly the pillow was removed from my face. I felt the warm sunlight hit my face. "Jesus Maria!"

"You need to get up, get dressed, and get your ass in school!" She whips my own pillow against me.

"Those are for cuddling not abuse." The second time I was ready to catch the pillow. I quickly gripped it between my legs. "I stayed up late doing homework while you were sleeping!"

I peacefully close my eyes satisfied with the fact that Im right.

"Get up, before I pull your ass out of bed by your ear!"My eyes widen, quicky sitting up.

"Im up... Im up... Im awake."

Rainer POV

9 : 3 4 A M

"What the hell is wrong with you? You need to get your head out of your ass and focus!" I heard my dad scream. "Again!"

Wren- the guy who just recently joined our gang. He's only 14 years old, he's just a kid still. I feel bad that he has to-

"Fuck!" I hissed digging my nails into the palms of my hands.

"S-sorry." I heard him stutter quietly.

"Again." My dad orders.

I glare at my dad but it doesn't faze him. Wren looked at me terrified with the whip in his hand.

"It's okay." I breathed out.

"Continue this a couple more times. Maybe this will remind you not to slack off. If your gonna run my gang, you're gonna be strong." My so called dad walks off into his office.

I repositioned my hands on the wall, spreading my legs equally.

I lowered my head. "Again, Wren."

Zaya POV

1 1 : 4 5 A M

I hate when after you get your food you have to decide quickly where your sitting. So it doesn't look like your alone.

After scrambling to search for my people I see the usual three but two add ons.

Jaden and Luke never sit with us.

Wait where's Rainer? Come to think of it he wasn't at homeroom this morning.

Pushing all thoughts aside I made my way over. I watched Marìa continuously tell her story animatedly like always.

"I can't believe they went through that." Was all I hear from Luke. I set my lunch tray on the table and take a seat next to Ezra.

"Who are we talking about?" I look towards the five and they all look at Maria.

"The Royals." She smiles, looking at me as if I already knew who they were.

But I don't.

I shrug. "Who?"

"The Royals? The most legendary gang in the gang world." Ezra adds into the mix but I still don't know who they are.