31 | Jealousy & Secrets

There will be times, when you have to turn off your emotions just to protect yourself.

Not many say this but middle school was the best. I came to school late, I pulled pranks, I had fun. Now that I'm older I can do that and more.

"How was your day off?" I didn't need to look for me to know that it was Ezra. I continued to stuff my books in my locker.

"It was fun yesterday. I finally got caught up with Riverdale. Also I settled for pizza." I inform proudly and he scoffs.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I say dumbfounded, leaning against the lockers.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Like what, Ezra?"

"Zaya Ford, you are in serious trouble!" A well known voice fills the halls.

"Maria." I smile with my arms wide open. 

She crossed her arms wearing a straight face. Luke and Jaden join behind her shortly after.

"How dare you leave me with these idiots! I was literally gonna rip my ears off. Do you realize how idiotic their conversations are?" Marìa expressed and grabs my shoulders.

"Very idiotic, Zaya." She shakes me a few times before leaning her back against the lockers next to me.

"Sorry to disappoint but I was-"

"Tired... we know." Luke finishes, rolling his eyes.

"Why is everyone so salty? Nobody is keeping you here. You have the choice to leave or not." I say nonchalantly.

"You skip one day of school and you think you're a badass now? Nice try shrimp." Jaden crosses his arms and I shrug.

"Fuck off." His voice was low and intimidating. He stood tall wearing a plain white shirt and black jeans. Nikki stood next to him wearing a black skater dress. Their hands intertwined.

"Rainer, don't talk to your friend like that. Especially not for her, she's a no one." Nikki spoke with such confidence.

I gave a small smile as Marìa scoffs.

"How about I take one of your fake nails... and shove it-"

"Maria!" Ezra scolds, holding onto her waist.

"Don't get me wrong, it's just Jaden has been around longer. I would hate for someone like you to get in the middle of their friendship." She tilts her head with a smile.

"Nikki-" Rainer attempts but I smile.

"Your girlfriend is absolutely right. A nobody like me shouldn't be in the way of things." I cross my arms, making my way around the couple.

Nikki smiles proudly.

"Wow Rainer she's a real keeper. She's a manipulative bitch and you're a back stabbing liar. You two make the perfect pair. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm bored of this conversation. So I'm just gonna..." I pointed behind me before turning to walk away.