18 | Code Black

I dont know why.

I dont know how.

"Zaya wait...Let me explain."

"No dont talk to me." I need to be away from him.

I need to process.

"Zaya stop...Please."

"Leave me alone Ezra..."

As much as I hate to get involved... I have to. I hate this life, I hate this situation, I just hate it all. This involves one of the most important people in my life. I have to get involved.

Its personal.

"Did you know?" I say approaching Luke who leaned against the lockers with his so called best friends, Jaden and Rainer.

"Know what?" Luke tilts his head while he looks at me like I'm insane.

"Ezra... did you know about Ezra!" My sudden volume change takes all three of them off guard.

"What are you talking about?"

I cant process this.

This is not happening.

"Whats wrong? Why have you been acting strange since we left the gang house?" I waited for Trey to come to a complete stop in front of my dorm building.

"Nothing." I mutter.

"Zaya..."

"Why didnt you tell me Ezra Sanders, my best friend is in your gang?" I hissed. I watch him swallow a lump in throat as he looks away from my eyes.

He takes a deep breath. "I didnt want you to worry and nether did he."

"Zaya..."

"I have to go."

Jadenʻs eye roll makes my fists clench even tighter.

"Shrimp, we dont have time for-"

I glare at Jaden ."Im not talking to you!" I raised my voice once again. Taking him off guard a bit as well as Luke and even Rainer.

I look into Luke's eyes. "Ezra is in Treyʻs gang, the Glaciers."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Rainer finally taking it seriously.

"When I was with Trey at his gang house, I ran into Ezra. I didn't give him the chance to explain but-"

"Son of a bitch!" I watched the light from Luke's eyes transforms itself into pure darkness.

I felt an arm drape over my shoulders, the scent of lavender filled my nose.

"Whats got his panties in a twist?"

"Not now Maria." Jaden spoke in a cold tone that sent chills up my spine. Maria turns her head in my direction

I sigh. "Ezra is in Treys gang."

Her arm drops to her side.

"Is he insane? Is this a joke?"She looks at Luke and Jaden then me. I looked down at my feet in shame.

The halls for some reason went silent. I looked around seeing why all of a sudden it was quiet. When I looked to my right it all made sense. People pressed against their lockers as Trey and Ezra make their way through. Trey looked towards Ezra saying something. Ezra smiles and shakes his head.

"Someone better hold me back... I'm about to kill a bitch." Before she could even step Luke wraps his arm around her body, holding down her arms.

"Zay, can we talk?" Judging by the cold stares the guys were giving and feeling their presence