4 | Interrogation

The worst kind of pain is when you're smiling just to stop the tears from falling.

That is what I'm feeling at this very moment. As the three stand before me, I try my best to stay calm and collected.

Not only is the guy that almost killed me. But my two childhood friends are associated with his gang! I knew they did things that weren't legal but I didn't expect them to be in a gang!

"Earth to Zaya." Ezra brought me back to reality.

"I'm sorry I zoned out." I could feel my face heat up from the embarrassment.

Rainer's staring at me.

Was all I could think about. Was his dark brown eyes burning my skin.

I came here to runaway from him.

Luke finally spoke, "I thought you'd be happier to see me."

Before I could answer Maria stepped in.

"Why the hell would she be happy?" María looked right up at Luke then Jaden.

"Easy there." Luke's eyes suddenly darken. As if the light in his eyes no longer exists. "Remember who your talking to."

What the hell happened to him.

Luke's dad is my dad's best friend. Luke's mom died at child birth so he didn't know her. He is the sweetest-well- was the sweetest. Emphasis on was, the guy standing before I can't even recognize.

"Shouldn't a nerd like you be in school, shrimp?"

I HATE that nickname. Jaden has called me that ever since we were kids.

"I go here now, Jaden."  I answer polite as possible.

Jaden was always a dickhead to me. I can't stand him and he can't stand me, that's how it's always been. He's an asshole that deserves a kick in the crotch! When I found out he was moving to this school three years ago, I was the happiest girl in the world.

He is the only one out of the six of us I have a hard time speaking up to.

And I hate myself for that.

"Fuck off Jaden." Ezra drapes his arm over my shoulders, glaring at him. I could careless what Jaden says. All I could focus on was Rainer and how quiet he was the entire time.

"What Jaden means to say is... Welcome to West Bridge." Andrè smiles. I know what he's doing and it's not working. You cannot make me smile in a situation like this.

"Yeah welcome to hell." Jaden smirks again.

I finally build enough courage to look at Rainer. For a brief second my eyes met his dark and soulless eyes before he looked away.

"Oh right, Zaya this asshole is Rainer Hunt. The one that's makes people scared shitless." Andrè rests his arm on his shoulder. Rainer slowly looks at him before Andrè removes his hand.

I open my mouth to speak but was greatly interrupted by the bell.

Thank god saved by the bell.

"I'm heading to class." His first words sends creepy chills down my spine.

Jaden smirks. "See you later, shrimp." Leaving the halls.

I finally breathed out. "Since when were you friends with them?"

"We're not." Ezra runs his hand through his hair as he lets out an exasperated breath.