8 | Working On It

Rainer POV

I live a simple life.

I go to school during the day then Iʻm back here helping out my dad, Ryder Hunt leader of the Vice Kings. He thinks I need to be prepared for whats to come in a few months. I grew up in this cruel world knowing to never show mercy its for the weak, never love anybody but yourself and the gang, and when in doubt always shoot first.

When my mom died it didn't really affect my dad, he never loved her. I dont blame him she was a witch. Couple years after my mom passed my younger sister was kidnapped by the Talons involving her in sex trafficking. We looked for months... years and absolutely nothing. Three years on October 2nd was the day she was kidnapped and also the day I died.

Growing up kids somehow knew about my life style and they were absolutely terrified of me. The only friends that I had was my gang. I honestly donʻt think I would remain sane if I didn't have my best friends, Jaden and Luke.

My dad always told me, "Son embrace the fear and never show you care. Its what makes us stronger." And that's exactly what I did... embraced it.

My dads right, it did make us stronger.

"What the fuck do you mean?"  I could here my dad shout through his closed doors. Feeling his frustration, I try to ignore.

I continued to lean over the railing refocusing  on the two members of my gang have at each other's throats. Punching left and right, tackling one another, ripping each other's clothes.

Nobody out of the twenty that was down there, bothered to break up the fight. Nah, they much rather record it. It was quite amusing to see who'd win, Thrash or Calvin. Even though Thrash is much more muscular than Calvin, Calvin has the better skill set.

My smirk immediately disappears once Thrash brought a pocket knife. I quickly brought my gun that I kept in the front of my jeans. I fired two warning shots into the wall across the room.

"What fuck is the issue here?" I finally spoke having all eyes on me.

"This son of a bitch slept with my girlfriend." Thrash shoved Calvin in the process of speaking. When Calvin was ready to strike I held up my hand.

They froze.

"Thrash your girlfriend was a slut anyways. She slept with half of the men standing in this room. Calvin if you gonna sleep with your gang members girlfriend make sure he don't find out like the rest of these guys." I try my very best not laugh in the process. But seeing Thrash glare at the now terrified men in the room was fucking hilarious.

"Real classy." Jaden calls back from below.

I hear the door slam open having one of my members storming out.

Before heading inside his office I say on last thing. "Oh and the next person to pull a knife or a weapon of any kind on another V.K, their ass is fucking out."

With that said I went inside his office closing the door behind me. My dad sat at his desk writing away on his stack of papers. I wait at the door for him to allow me to sit.

"Sir?"

"Sit, Son." He gestures to the seat in front of his desk. I slouch down resting my hands on my stomach. "The bastard lost the shipment that was supposed to come in two weeks ago! How the fuck do you lose a box drugs!"