43 | Unbelievable

Luke POV

"Fuck you!"

"How hard?" Andrè shot back earning a nasty look from Ezra.

"Knock it off you two, we're in a hospital. Maria is trying to heal." I scold.

"She's in a coma, she can't hear us. Besides, it's not my fault he sucks at tic tack toe." Andrè shrugs with a big smile on his face.

I shook my head, "You're gonna get-"

"Ouch!"

"Slapped... thanks Jaden." I look at him and he nods, leaning back in his chair. He continues to scroll on his phone.

I couldn't shake the information I was accidentally told about. It does involve my best friend, enemy, and a girl who's like my sister.

"How long have you known about Rainer, Trey, and Zaya?" This question earns looks from Andrè and Ezra but not Jaden.

He shrugs, "Sometime."

"What do you know exactly?" I question again.

"Some stuff." He replies unfazed.

"Like what?" Ezra chimes in.

"Stuff I can't tell you about." Jaden answers like a vague asshole again. "Look, I promised Rainer I wouldn't say anything. I sorta broke that promise earlier today. I ain't gon' say anything else."

I roll my eyes, "Fine."

"Where is Zaya anyways?" Andrè puzzled.

"With Rainer at the school gym trying to convince him to drop the fight. She said they'll meet us later." Jaden explains and I scoff.

"You'll explain that but not the other?" I cross my arms and Jaden smirks.

"Yup." He continues to scroll on his phone.

"Unbelievable." I mutter.

"Whats unbelievable?" A small voice that didn't belong to any of the guys.

"Maria, y-you're awake."

Rainer POV

Pounding, throbbing, it feels like someone had taken a knife to the skull. I could barely hear the annoying birds constant chirping.

Wait a second... birds?

My eyes quickly shot open and I kinda wish I didn't. It took a bit before my eyes could adjust to the lighting. Taking in my surroundings, I noticed nothing but towering trees surrounding me. Just nature.

"What the fuck?" I mutter to myself as I let it finally process.

Wait where's-

"RAINER!"

"Zaya?"

"HELP!" Her ear piercing scream is hard to miss. As I attempt to run, my body is paralyzed. I look down to see my body tied against a tree.

"Zaya hold on!" I try to reassure her as I struggle against the tree.

"Rainer Hunt... you sure are the talk of the town. New leader, big fight, new girl... I would hate for something to happen." A masked man comes into view with a silver cane. The man wore an expensive suit.

"If you hurt her or so much as touch her-"

"Uh uh uh... I wouldn't be making demands if I were you. I own you right now." The nicely dressed psycho spoke.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"Information."

"On?" I roll my eyes.