38 | For Now

"Decreased breath sounds on the left."

Who's talking?

"Bruising on the chest."

Why does everything hurt?

"Stomach is soft."

What is that beeping sound? It almost sounds like one of those monitors in the hospital.

"Dislocated shoulder."

Oh my god, the crash.

My eyes shot open as I gasp for air.

"Mrs. Ford, you were in an accident. Don't worry we-"

"My friends-I need to know if they're okay!" I began to sit up but a sharp murderous pain shut up my arm. I let out a scream as I fell back down.

"We need to do a couple of scans and X-rays. You are not stable to be moving around right now." One of the four doctors spoke to me, while the others continued to work every inch of my body

"I need to know if my friends are okay." I groan in pain, the beeping on the monitor quickens with my heart beat.

"Someone start an IV!" One of the doctors order. "Zaya, we are going to set your shoulder back in place, okay?"

"Where is my friends?"

"One." The Doctor carefully grabs my hand.

"Are they alive?"

"Two."

"Please I just want-"

"Three."

"SON OF BITCH!"

Rainer POV

The Unknown.

The Unknown is Zayaʻs Family.

For months Ive been trying to find out more about the Unknown and who they are. They were right there in front of me the entire time. Hell, I was in their fucking home. I have so many questions...

Does Luke and Jaden know? If so, how the hell long?

Is Zaya apart of their gang or did she not even know?

Is this why shes been acting so cold lately, because of her parents?

Now that I know her family is the Unknown...

This changes a lot of things.

"Rainer." A sharp voice snaps me back into the unforgivable reality. "You aren't eating your food nor are you listening to my story."

I roll my eyes, "Iʻm not hungry." Pushing my plate of food away.

She frowns,"Whats wrong baby?"

"I'm fine Nikki, just finish your food so we can go." I huff, slouching back into the booth. "Please."

The only reason why I agreed to eat out with her was to shut her up and... to please her.

"Ever since yesterday youʻve been out of it." Nikki puzzled, titling her head slightly.

Because I was tranquilized by Zayaʻs uncle.

The changes everything.

"Im here, Okay? My dadʻs been stressing me out. I'm fine, so stop getting in my business, stop trying to figure me out, just stop, alright? I'm here now, Im with you... you have me. No one else but you has me.... and that's all that matters." I could see the hurt in her expression before she covers it with a smile.