33 | Endless Questions

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

"Say that again."

"My name is Zaya Ford, I'm your niece." I repeat and he was silent once more. "This is Jaden, Jordan's kid."

"Sup." Jaden head ups in my uncles direction.

He continued to remain silent as he stared off.

"I came here because I wanted to know the truth. And if you plan on lying to me, telling me they aren't the Royals... you can just drop it." I sassed as I watch finally get up from his seat. Walking around his desk to stand in front of me. 

"I know you are my fathers brother. I know they are the Royals. What I want to know is, how and why? And you seem to be the only one who can answer those questions." I add, crossing my arms.

His eyes soften as he lifts his hand, placing it on my cheek.

"You look just like them." He breathes. "You have your mothers fire... you must be a handful."

"Quite the opposite actually." I state and a smile tugs at the corner of his lips.

"And you... damn you look like Jordan." Jacob focuses on Jaden who had his arms crossed. "You got his personality too?"

"He's an asshole." I inform and Jaden playfully glares. "But he's evolving."

"H-how are you guys here? Did they break their pact or..." he trails off and I exchange a confused look with Jaden.

"What pact?" Jaden questions.

"When you guys were born they made a pact. They promised to never bring up their criminal past to the next generation." Jacob sits back on his desk. "Your parents didn't tell you?"

"No, when I confronted them about it they denied it. They refuse to tell me the truth." I say, feeling frustrated.

"Wait, they don't know you're here? Shouldn't they know where you are?"

"What difference would it make? We go to West Bridge, we don't have to check in." Jaden answers and my uncle nods.

"You must have a lot of questions." My uncle states, crossing his arms.

I began to bombard him with questions.
"Who were they exactly? What did they do? How did they do it? Is the-"

"Zaya, he didn't mean all at once." Jaden intervenes and I had to take a deep breath.

"How did this all happen?" I finally ask.

"Your mom was a stubborn women. And your dad was a ruthless asshole. They always challenged each other, cross boundaries. But they managed to work, even though the world was against them." He explains and I grew more curious as to how they met. I have feeling they didn't meet in any old mall.

"How did they cross paths?"

"Believe me it wasn't love at first sight. Your mom was a junior in high school at the time..."

FlashBack

A guy with a black hoodie covering part of his face.

Zoe stood up brushing herself off and grabbed her duffle bag that was similar to his.

"Watch it!" She hissed as he was checked her out.

"My bad beautiful" he responds with a husky voice.

End of Flashback