32 | Intruders

Most times, it's a lot easier not to let the world know what the hell is wrong.

I know its unhealthy to not deal with your emotions. How reckless it is to hold it all in. But in this situation I need to, I can't let my emotions cloud my judgment. Not this time.

Last night was an eye opener for me. I realized that this secret could get out one way or another. I would hate for the others to go through that feeling of betrayal and pain. They deserve to know the truth, yes. But not until I know the whole truth.

I want answers.

My family won't give that to me.

But I might know someone who can.

I focused on the cafeteria table away from me. I walked right to it, not caring who I ran into on the way. Once I got to the table, I slammed my hand down taking a seat next to him.

"Jesus Zaya." Jaden breathes, holding his hand to his chest. I ignore the strange looks I received from Luke and Rainer. 

"Finally decided to come to school?" Luke tilts his head, a slight edge in his tone.

"Fuck off, I'm not doing this with you." I hissed and looked back at Jaden who I sat next to.  "I was doing some research-"

"That's not surprising..." he comments and I narrow my eyes.

"I will slap you again." I whisper and he smirks. "I was doing some research and-"

"Wait, since when do you two talk?" Rainer interrupts and I clench my fists. Jaden can sense my frustration and he laughs.

"This is killing you." Jaden muses.

"This is an A and B conversation. C and D, silence you're selves!" I snap and I look back at Jaden.

"What's up her ass?" I overhear Luke but I simply ignore.

"I did some research and I know what the pizza's name is." I hinted, hoping he'd catch on.

At first he looked at me confused but when I widened my eyes, a light bulb went off.

"Is it insane that I know what you're talking about?" Jaden questions.

"Is it insane that you two are talking to each other?" I hear Rainer comment and I ignore again.

"I know what the name is but I don't know where to find it." I continue and thinks to himself for a second.

"What the fuck is happening?"  I hear Luke say.

"I don't know." Rainer responds.

Jaden leans over to whisper in my ear.
"Meet me in the parking lot after school."

I nodded.

He reached for my hand under the table.  Giving me a reassuring squeeze. I forced a smile. Without a word I got up and left the cafeteria. I decided to stop by my locker before heading out. I need to hurry up before one of my teachers catch me ditching again.

I quickly stuffed my locker with useless books. When I closed my locker Nikki stood there. Giving me one of her fake smiles and eyes that say 'I wanna murder you'.

"Zina right?" She smiles bigger.

"Zaya." I corrected bluntly.

"I'm gonna make this short and I wish I could say sweet." She clasps her hands together still smiling. "I know it was you." Her smile falls into a bitch face.

"What was me?"

"Don't think I didn't notice the glances, private talks, and shit. You slept with my boyfriend." She seethed and I cross my arms.