21 | The Unknown Message

Rainer POV

"Did you come alone?" Just like the message that was anonymously given, the man wore a red hoodie that covered partial of his face.

"I don't know you tell me," I say crossing my arms. "Do you see anyone with me?"

"Watch it pretty boy... I suggest you loose the attitude." He said dryly, leaning against the wall with a cigarette between his fingers. "It's highly inappropriate."

"And meeting at a skatepark isn't?" I spat, narrowing my eyes.

I look around to see if we were being watched. But all I saw was kids of all ages skateboarding left and right.

"Your smart ass comments isn't gonna get you shit from them, boy." He places the cig between his lips, inhaling deeply.

"Wait, what do you mean them? Are you not from the Unknown?" I said coldly, growing more impatient by the second.

"Yes and no." He releases the smoke from his lips. "It's complicated."

Before he could bring the cig to his lips again, I snatched it out of his fingers. I let it fall to the ground crushing it with my foot.

"Listen..." I grabbed a fist full of his hoodie, slamming him to the wall. "I'm on a bit of a time schedule..."

"So let's cut to the chase..." I whipped out a knife that I stash away in my pocket, holding it against his neck. "Don't waste my time or I'll fucking kill you."

"Okay-Okay! Take it easy."

"Who the hell are you?" I pressing him further into the wall. Earning stares from some of the kids in the park.

"The Unknown is a well renowned gang, not only in Minnesota but other in other states as well. They like to remain anonymous... only some members know what their leaders look like, not all." He explains in uneasy breaths due to the sharp blade pressing against his throat.

"Your point?" I tighten my grip around the knife.

"They can't just have anyone meeting them..." he shrugs.

"Who are you?" Is it possible to be more impatient?

"I'm the guy who checks them out. Before any type of deals, I make sure they're not completely insane or a threat." He had the nerve to smirk. "You're doing great by the way, keep going."

Zaya POV

Right. Left. Jab. Jab.

We know how we feel about each other.

Uppercut.

Do we really?

Left. Left.

Don't freak out...

Right. Right. Right.

I just wanna see something.

I threw my body weight behind my fist one last time. I watched the punching bag swing from the ceiling. I took a step back as I hunched over catching my breath.