17 | Stubborn Girl

Rainer POV

Never let your emotions distract you from doing what needs to be done. Control your emotions before it controls you.

"Again." The two rookies dripping with sweat, look at me with eyes filled with exhaustion and disbelief. They exchanged looks and continued to run without a word.

I look over to see one of my men miss the center of the target.

"Do it again."

"I missed by an inch." He exclaims.

"Ya still missed... I want to you to keep shooting until you hit the very center of the target. Once you do that... do it fifty more times. You miss, start over." I order.

"Why don't you get your head out of your ass and tell me why you aren't training? " He hissed causing the other shooters to stop. They stared at him like he was insane. They were right to do so, no one talks to me like that.

I shot him the coldest stare and I could see him swallow his lump that was in his throat.

"Your new here so let me explain this to you in a way you'll understand." I took out my gun and aimed at my target. Without hesitation I pulled the trigger several times.

The rookie who thought it was okay to talk back, jolts with fear. He hesitantly looks behind him to see I hit smack dab in the middle of my target. Something he couldn't do.

"I'm the best in this room... I don't need to train. You on the other hand suck, so it's my job to get your smart ass in shape. Once I'm leader I'll have nothing but the best people working for me. If you don't reach my requirements I'll kill you myself, got it?" He repeatedly nodded his head while the other guys around him snicker and laugh.

I fucking hate training day. Spending the day with a bunch of gang wannabes is frustrating. My father thinks it's a good way to bond and get to know each new member. But he doesn't know what a pain this is.

I looked over to the area where people continue to spar with one another. One pair caught my eye, the "victim" continuously made cocky comments towards his "attacker" every time he got a good shot.

I walked over from behind and collided my fist in his rib cage. He let out a loud groan has clenched onto his side. In one swift move I put him in a tight headlock. His hands immediately grip onto my arms that made it impossible to breathe.

"Dead." I whisper as he continues to struggle . "Never let your guard down, you must always be aware of your surroundings. You never know who might sneak up behind you."

He fell to his knees gasping for air.

"Again."

Zaya POV

Is this a bad idea... absolutely the worst. Am I risking a lot by coming here... yep. I know better then to associate myself with people like him.

Another gang.

Another guy.

Another issue.

"Where are we going?" Looking out my window I see nothing but towering trees and the illuminating lines on the paved road.

"Don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know? You make all this fuss to go out with me and you don't know where we're going?" I look at him with disbelief.

A smirk appears on his chocolate lips.

"Zaya, you need to learn to relax, go with the flow, stop worrying." He leans back in his chair letting one hand take the wheel while the other rested on the armrest.