46 | By The Hours

HOUR ONE

Decisions are the hardest to make, especially when you're choosing between life and Death.

"I need to speak with Zaya alone." Marìa spoke in a stern tone. 

The guys looked at me with their eyebrows raised.

"Someone's in trouble." Ezra sang as they all exited the room. I roll my eyes and waited for the last one to leave.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, standing awkwardly with my hands tucked in my pockets.

"Like shit because I missed so much." She sassed.

"That's what happens when you're in a coma." My tone came out harsher than I intended it to.

"Who was the one driving?" Marìa hissed back.

"Excuse me?" I say in disbelief.

"I'm just saying, here I am, finally awake after weeks. Im not fine, I don't have full function of my right hand because of some brain damage-shit that I don't get. And you guys are out here living your best life!"

My eyes widen, "Living our best life?"

"Yes."

"Living our BEST life?" I repeat just a bit slower with a louder tone. "I have heart attacks now, when I'm stressed. I went through serious depression. The guys wouldn't stop fighting until I stepped in. I was kidnapped twice, once being our family. Nikki is my cousin and Rainer..."

Just the mention of his name forms a lump in my throat. I knew what came next and I did not want to cry.

"I warned you about Rainer. I told you to stay away from him." She reminded and I immediately shook my head. "I mean seriously, what is there to think about? Choose Trey, he hasn't given you any hell."

"You don't get it Marìa!" I exclaim, running my hands through my hair. "Why can't you get it!"

Maria scoffs, "Catch me up to speed! I've been in a coma for weeks, Zaya! I couldn't move, I could only hear people come and go! Do you know how lonely and frustrating that is? To not be able to say anything!"

"I wish you can't say anything right now." I mutter.

"I warned you to not get close to Rainer. I told you to be careful and you didn't listen. I should've been there for you."

"BUT YOU WERENT!"

"AND WHOS FAULT IS THAT!" She shouts back and that's when it hit me.

Reality.

I closed my eyes, placing my hands on my cheeks.

"I can't... I can't do this," I whisper.

"What?" She breathes out.

"This... fighting with you! I have to choose who dies and I'm wasting my time arguing with YOU! I have to choose between two people I care about, who doesn't deserve any of this! I'm sorry you feel left out and I care about your well being, I love you. But this isn't about you right now."

"Zaya..."

"This is about Trey and Rainer! You are going to have to catch up later! Because right now I need to make a choice or they are both FUCKING DEAD!"