36 | Not A Word

The truth hurts but the lies are worse.

I observe my poor clueless friends break into one big discussion. Question after question, snarky comment after snarky comment... all at once.

"That makes zero sense."

"What do you mean they're the Royals?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Is this some kind of sick joke?"

I allowed them more than enough time to bicker for a few minutes.

I lifted the gun in the air and fired a warning shot.

Earning complete silence.

"The night of the gala I saw them without their masks, all of our parents were there. Calling each other by their real names. I even confronted them on who they were. But of course they denied it all and focused on what was I doing there." I explain nonchalantly.

"Okay let's just pretend you did... why didn't you tell us at the gala that happened weeks ago." Luke hissed.

"Umm we were kinda busy with the men that tried to shoot up the joint." I respond back with sass.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Marìa questions, crossing her arms with stern facial expression.

"The Vice Kings are on the Unknown's radar for various reasons. One night they stopped me in the parking lot of a club... one of them being my dad." Jaden explains with stern eyes.

"Im sorry I just don't believe it. It's too crazy to think our parents were that cool." Ezra held his hands up in defense. "I'm not buying it."

"Yeah for once I'm with Ezra on this." Luke chimes in as the twins nod with their arms crossed.

"What now?" Jaden whispers to my side.

"Take this." I hand him his gun. "Ezra, I'm calling Waffles on this."

In an instant his face went from careless to pale, like the truth punched him in the gut.

"Andrè, when have I ever lied to you?" I questioned before turning to Luke.

"Luke, you wondered why your dad was gone all the time... well there you go, he's in a gang." I explained coldly and turned to Marìa.

"You always told me I'm a terrible liar. So look at me and tell me that I'm lying." I focused my eyes on her hurt ones. When she finally broke our stare to look away, I got my answer.

"I'm sorry but this is unbelievable." Andrè throws his hands up, shaking his head. I watched the others nod in agreement except for Ezra. Who continues to stare off into space.

"Come on bro, what more do you want?" Jaden clenched his jaw out of frustration.

"PROOF!" Luke shouts back.

As if it was on cue, a red sports car zips right into the parking lot. Swerving it's way behind me. The windows were tinted but I didn't need to see who it was to know.

I knew.

"Who the hell is that?" Marìa questions with a sharp tone.

"Your proof," I simply answer.

When the reckless driver got out of their car, I smiled.

"You came." I say in disbelief.

"I'm still getting used to the whole niece thing but... I wouldn't leave you hanging." He reassures me with a hug.