30 | Flip The Switch

That's my problem; I think too much, I feel too deeply. What a dangerous combination don't you think?

I feel like everything I do, something or someone screws me over. My friends, my family, him...

It hurts.

Watching Nikki hook her arm with his, intertwining her fingers with his.

I want it to stop.

"You're new here, right?" She smiles, moving closer into Rainer. I couldn't bring myself to answer.

"Wow, Luke is that a new tattoo?" She turns her attention over to Luke.

I want to stop caring.

"Sorta, I got it couple of months ago."

So I stop.

"I'm tired." I state as I start to walk away. "Oh it was nice meeting you Nikki."

"Where you going?" Marìa questions and I roll my eyes.

"Back to bed... I'm tired."

"What about school?" Luke questions and I shrug.

"I don't feel like going. So I'm not gonna go." I continued to walk away before anyone else could have a say.

"Zaya, Wait."

I'm gonna finally sleep.

"Zaya Ford, stop walking away from me. Before I pull your ear off!" Marìa scolding me is nothing new. Normally I would feel obligated to stop. But for some reason, I didn't.

"Zaya!" She ran in front of me with her eyebrows furrowed. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm tired."

"You weren't tired a few seconds ago." She stated, narrowing her eyes.

"Can't you irritate someone else?" I say whine walking around her.

"Is this about Nikki?" She grabs my arm. "I warned you, Zaya."

"I don't care anymore." I state.

"What do you mean, you don't care anymore?"

"What I just said, I don't care anymore. All did was care, stress, and worry. I'm done, I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep." I remove my arm from her grip and kept walking.

I can't wait to go back to bed. I have so much sleep to catch up on and Riverdale episodes to watch. 

"Zaya."

I'm hungry, ooh I should get take out.

"Zaya, can we talk?"

Pizza or Chinese?

Wait is Chinese open this early?

Oh wait no, it's noon they're open.

"Zaya-"

I finally stop and turn around to face Rainer.