27 | Strike One

It was for the best.

FlashBack

I watched the darkness cascade over him. His eyes turned dark and cold. It was like I stood in front of the Rainer I met months ago.

"Rainer-"

"Did Jaden talk to you?" He stops midway from pulling his other half of his body onto the dock.

"No, why?"

"We should head back just incase Ezra or Andrè bitches out." He pulls himself up without fail.

"But Rainer-"

"I have other shit to worry about, Zaya. I can't keep looking after you all night. The faster I get you to them, the easier my night will be! So let's go!"

End of FlashBack

At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

"I wanna kill the sun and all who is happy." Marìa mumbles into the locker.

"I told you not to drink too much." Ezra muses and Maria's head shoots up with her eyes partly open.

"Go fuck yourself." She sassed before putting her forehead back on my locker.

"Good morning guys! How is everybody on this lovely day!" Andrè cheered, slamming his hand against his twins back.

"Fuck off." Marìa slaps his arm earning a groan from him. If you've been slapped by her once then you would know they hella hurt.

You know what else hella hurt? Receiving that cold look from him.

"Why the hell are you in a good mood?" Ezra leans against the lockers next to Marìa.

"Because I can do this..." he slams his hand against the lockers, creating a loud noise.

Marìa immediately covers her ears as she sinks into the lockers further more.

"Fuck you." She mumbles as the guys all laugh.

The way his eyes went from full of life to lifeless...light to dark within seconds...

I don't get it.

I'm the one who said no...

"Zaya..."

I blinked once.

Twice.

So why does it bother me so much?

"I'm sorry what?" I finally say.

"I said... Are you okay? You've been silent this whole time." Ezra repeats and I force a smile.

"Why wouldn't I be fine?" Just my luck the bell rings for our next class. I don't have to make up some lie.

"You coming?" Ezra gestured his head in the opposite direction.

"I have to put away my books. Go ahead without me." I force a smile again.

And he did.
They all did.

I waited till the cost was clear to lean my back against the lockers with my head against it, closing my eyes.

Sometimes you just need to stop.

Take a deep breathe.

Just breathe.

Stop thinking about it.

Just fucking stop.

Why can't I fucking-

"Lynx."