⌜ twenty one ⌟

suggest a slow and mellow song for this chapter

mark stood up from his seat and kneeled in front of the younger, ❝can i have this dance?

it was beating fast again, donghyuck's heart was beating fast. he knew he likes the older, who wouldn't? he may be rude sometimes but overall, mark is a nice guy. but is it really necessary for his heart to beat fast in everything mark does? for example, whenever mark smiles at him.

there are many people looking, go back to your seat.❞ donghyuck looked away, hiding the red tint on his cheeks.

acting stubborn, mark didn't move from his place ❝i'm not leaving here until you dance with me.

the younger sighed and stood up from the bench, leaving the mascot's head behind, and pulled mark up. the older smiled as he felt the soft fabric of the mascot's hand when it was placed on top of his. mark guided him to where donghyuck was distributing flyers a while ago and stopped. he placed donghyuck's or the mascot's hand on his shoulder and the other he was holding.

mark didn't care about the looks they were giving him. dacing with a koala mascot? what a joke. yeah, it looked weird but the people's opinion didn't matter. if mark and donghyuck found it sweet and romantic then it's sweet and romantic, no one can change that.

donghyuck mentally cursed for leaving the head behind. he could've used it to hide his already red face, mark looking down at him with a soft look isn't helping him. donghyuck wearing the mascot made him only look small standing in front of mark, it made him look fat also. but mark only found it cute. the older smiled as he started dancing slowly, donghyuck just followed. the younger didn't know the steps so he looked down to match with mark's but it only ends up with him stepping on the older's foot.

i'm sorry.❞ donghyuck mumbled and tried again and stepped mark's foot by accident after a few seconds of trying. ❝oh no, mark i'm so sorry.

the older stopped, making donghyuck panic as he looked up to mark only to see the older smiling.

i have seen it in movies a couple of times and i didn't know it was so hard.❞ donghyuck whined, this was supposed to be romantic but he's making it far from being romantic.

donghyuck,❞ mark ran a hand through the younger's hair ❝look at me.

he did what mark told him, and his heart was beating fast again. is it not yet tired of seeing mark's smile? mark's action? mark's face? the person itself? it keeps on beating as if he rarely sees mark and is making the most of it.

just look at me and don't think about the steps.❞ mark pulled donghyuck even closer and started swaying his body slowly, not moving his feet.