⌜ twenty nine ⌟

❝what you did a while ago was pretty much useless

what you did a while ago was pretty much useless.❞ donghyuck sighed as he stared at the ceiling while lying down on the sofa ❝you only made them hate me even more and none even believed that i didn't steal the class money.

mark raised a brow, removing his attention from the book and stared at donghyuck who seemed like he'll melt from the sofa any minute from now ❝i don't hate you.

it's not about you, it's about them. how can i survive that rich ass school when everyone hates me?❞ donghyuck pouted and turned his body to the side, now looking at mark who looked very fine sitting down from his bed with a book on his hand.

you have me and jeno.❞ but the older was clearly emphasising the word "me". he wanted to let donghyuck that he's always there, not tired of helping him always. ❝then there's jaemin and renjun..

mark was counting the people that's always there for donghyuck but then got distracted when he saw donghyuck just looking at him, not saying anything. mark waved his hand but the younger didn't blink, he just kept on staring.

donghyuck?

huh?❞ donghyuck widened his eyes with a question inside his head, how long did he stare at him? the younger blushed, scolding his mind for thinking that mark looked very fine and that he was willing to be destroyed anytime by him— ❝y-yeah i love cats.

mark raised a brow and then giggled ❝i did not ask for that though.

oh you didn't?❞ donghyuck mentally slapped himself for being stupid.

mark placed the book down and let his chin rest on the palm of his hand ❝do you hate chan then?

i hate dogs.❞ donghyuck turned away, now facing the sofa's backrest. he didn't want repeat what just happened a while ago so to avoid that, he should stop looking at mark. ❝but chan is good, we compliment each other.

compliment each other?❞ mark laughed, what just happened to make donghyuck this flustered? ❝you're so confusing.

the younger decided not to reply, he was making it obvious. the two stayed in silence with mark admiring donghyuck from behind. the younger was busy telling his heartbeat to calm down and his face to cool down as he could feel his cheeks heat up. soon later that silence was broken by a dog's bark.

wanna walk chan to the park?❞ mark questioned, standing up from his bed

it's night time already.❞ donghyuck sat up, watching mark wear his pink sweater.

one day, out of curiosity, he wants to count how many sweaters this dude has. he seemed to not run out from sweaters. the older even let him use most of them.