⌜ twenty two ⌟

mark woke up at the sight of a beautiful boy sleeping next to him

mark woke up at the sight of a beautiful boy sleeping next to him. a beautiful flower where he wants to preserve forever in a glass where no one can touch and destroy. what's nice about this flower is it's his and only his. only he can water it, only he can take care of it, and only he can watch it grow.

the younger hummed and turned, his back now facing mark. the older laid his arm on the bed, supporting him as he raised his body to continue watching donghyuck sleep peacefully. it was now rare to see donghyuck this peaceful. especially when mark saw how he broke down in revealing his self, mark would do anything just to not see that side of donghyuck ever again. he didn't want to see donghyuck cry and be hurt ever again.

mark ran his hand through donghyuck's hair and was calmed down when he saw the younger showing a small smile. it was as if he didn't have any problems in life now. he looked like he was free from everything.

what have you done to me?❞ mark mumbled, still staring at donghyuck ❝i'm supposed to hate you, to get mad at you, to make you suffer just like how i suffered when i lost my wallet.

the younger squirmed again and this time he was facing mark. it made the older look at him, admiring his every details. memorizing every one of them as if he had a test to answer about donghyuck.

but i'm protecting you, i'm making you feel safe, and i don't even feel the slightest of hate towards you.❞ mark caressed the boy's cheek, feeling his soft skin ❝and it seems that the word like is not enough to describe what i'm feeling towards you.

is it still like when you feel too possessive towards him? he doesn't want donghyuck to go near to jeno, or any of his friends the younger still had to meet. is it still like when his heart beats fast at everything he does? even when donghyuck does something bad to him, like that one time when the younger stole his money just to buy ice cream. his heart was beating fast after seeing donghyuck looking so happy but he supposed to get mad at the younger for stealing. is it still like when mark is starting to want donghyuck? he wants donghyuck all to himself. he wants donghyuck to stay. he wants donghyuck to feel what he is also feeling. after all of that being said, is this still a small crush?

crush? he likes koeun but he definitely doesn't feel all this towards koeun. his heart does beats fast but only when it's necessary like when the girl holds his hand, it's normal for your heart to beat fast in that situation when it's your crush. but with donghyuck, the boy curses at him and mark's heart would beat fast and it's starting to get abnormal. why would your heart beat fast if someone curses at you?

is this love then?❞ the older received a loud snor from the younger and he couldn't help but smile ❝i take that as a yes.

maybe that's the reason why donghyuck is different from other people, why donghyuck is different from koeun. because mark likes koeun and.. well..

he loves donghyuck.

mark's thoughts was then cut off by donghyuck suddenly whining during his sleep. he was shutting his eyes tight while mumbling some words.

don't..

mark raised a brow and brushed the younger's hair that was covering his eyes ❝hyuck?

donghyuck didn't open his eyes, neither did he answer mark. he sniffed and mark panicked when he saw a tear falling down on donghyuck's closed eyes, ❝don't touch me.

mark sat up and tapped donghyuck's shoulder ❝wake up.

someone help me..❞ donghyuck cried

mark frowned, donghyuck was crying again. ❝hyuck wake up.

mark..❞ donghyuck breathed heavily ❝help me..

mark didn't know what to do to wake donghyuck up. shaking him doesn't work and shouting was no use. the older sighed and leaned forward, hoping that what he was going to do would at least calm donghyuck down.

he caressed the boy's cheeks and gave him a peck on the forehead ❝i'm here.

donghyuck slowly opened his eyes and realized that he was crying, ❝m-mark?

mark smiled as he was admiring donghyuck's face up close ❝i'm here, i won't leave you.

the younger cried and threw his arms up in the air and hugged mark, making the older lie down on top of him. ❝i was so scared.. they caught me and..

sshh..❞ mark rubbed circles on donghyuck's back ❝that was just a dream.

they were asking for money and i.. didn't have any to give..❞ donghyuck buried his head on mark's neck. ❝so they pointed a gun.. towards me..

mark didn't even care if his neck was now filled with donghyuck's tears, ❝donghyuck don't think about it.

it was so scary.❞ donghyuck said. he was shaking and mark had an urge to protect him at all times, even inside his dream.

i won't let anyone touch you, trust me.❞ mark pulled away from the hug and gave the boy a small smile, wiping the tears away using his thumb.

promise?

promises are meant to be broken but mark will do everything not to break this promise ❝promise.

donghyuck looked away, now realizing how much of a kid he was a while ago. he showed his weak side which he didn't plan on letting anyone see but it's mark he's showing his weak side to, and mark is different.

just like how he is different from other people in mark's perspective.

now, how about we go back to sleep?❞ mark flopped back down his bed.

donghyuck widened his eyes as he remembered something, ❝school..

mark groaned ❝shit i forgot.❞ he forced himself to stand up from the bed and was about to go to the bathroom to take a bath but paused when he saw donghyuck lying back down, ❝donghyuck?

the younger had things to do at school, like taking the special test but he said fuck it. if he's tired then he won't be able to concentrate so might as well skip class and just lie about having a headache tomorrow ❝you go, i'll rest.

physically, no, but mentally, a big yes. he's still trying to process all the words he told mark last night. he told everything to mark, the person he stole a wallet from. he has known mark for a month or two now and yet he trust him this much.

is this what love can do to you?

hm?❞ donghyuck flinched when he felt an arm resting on his waist ❝aren't you going to school?

mark cuddled closer to donghyuck, smelling strawberries from the boy's neck ❝i won't leave you.

donghyuck smiled, maybe trusting mark is a good idea.

t b c