⌜ fifty four ⌟

how are you guys doing so far?

jeno opened the door and coughed as the house they entered was dusty. he saw donghyuck beside him looking dead as usual beside him and instead of covering his own nose and mouth, he covered donghyuck's instead for him to avoid inhaling the dust.

well, donghyuck did want to be locked away. but of course, jeno could not do that. and so for him to do what donghyuck wants without him leaving beside donghyuck, he decided to use the money inside his bank account to buy a house far from town where they are surrounded by nature. he did it immediately after donghyuck was being released from the hospital.

he told everyone, he told mark's parents who are worried for donghyuck and the baby inside, he told jaemin and the others, he even told taeyong even though the man really didn't care. he does leave money for jeno but that's for donghyuck and it's because he's carrying the baby of his cousin.

hyuck is it okay for you to wait outside?❞ jeno held donghyuck's shoulder to guide him at a bench not that far from the house, ❝i'm going to clean the house.

no nod, no hum, no whisper, no mumble, no response. donghyuck didn't speak and just obediently sat down on the bench, eyes looking at the ground. he is physically there but mentally somewhere else.

jeno sighed and ran a hand through donghyuck's hair, ❝and if you're hungry, don't hesitate to shout my name. i'll quickly buy food for you.

again, no response.

honestly, why is jeno trying so hard? he stood up properly and walked towards the house, looking back one more time to check on donghyuck who's still the same, looking down the ground, and sighed for the nth time before going inside the old house.

he cracked his knuckles, showing a smile, trying to be positive as he can. ❝let's do this!

🏵

i can't do this.❞ jeno whined, burying his head down the table.

jaemin slapped the boy's arms, waking him up ❝giving up easily?

jaemin, i have three tests to take, one assignment, and two group projects to make up from.❞ from burying his head down the table, he now buried his head on the palm of his hands ❝is this what i get for skipping two weeks of classes?

renjun placed his juice box down and patted jeno's hand, ❝we'll help you.