⌜ special chapter ⌟

warning: pudu— okay just kidding

the fourteen-year-old stood there, silently watching his papa placing down a bouquet of flowers down the ground while his other father was putting the scented candle beside the gravestone that had a name that was familiar too him.

he wasn't supposed to be shocked. no, he wasn't shocked but he sure was feeling a lot of things. he felt happy, sad, and more. his papa had already told him about him, about the man named mark lee. the day after his 10th birthday, donghyuck told him everything. he told him how sweet this man was, how he tries to be funny at times, how he makes an effort in just making his papa smile, how amazing he is, and how important he is to his papa. donghyuck told him that this was his father, his real father. it did take him time to process everything, he didn't talk that much to his parents (especially to jeno). the only person he talked much to was minhyung, his bestfriend.

eventually, he had gotten over it and just accepted everything. accepted that he lost a loved one and a father that made his papa happy but then, there's his daddy nono to keep his papa smiling. he came to his papa months later and asked more about his real father, mark lee. donghyuck didn't forget to tell how much of a person jeno is. he told his son that jeno never left his side even if things was going down and even if he was also having a hard time. he cried hearing everything, he was sad for his papa, for his daddy nono, and for his real father.

he never knew the world is that cruel.

haechan..❞ donghyuck patted the space next to him.

he had heard about mark but he never got to visit him. this was his first time and he's feeling a lot of things.

jeno, who was sitting next to donghyuck, felt a head resting on his chest. he smiled, playing with that person's hair. ❝do you think he'll be alright?

giving haechan a glance, donghyuck nodded ❝he's going to be fine.

d-dad..❞ okay, maybe not. haechan broke down after calling out his father. he looked up, putting his tears back inside but it was no use. he bit his lower lip but it only made him cry even more. he then gave up and just let his tears flow down like a waterfall, ❝it's me.. your son.

donghyuck poked jeno's lap, ❝do you have tissues there?

jeno noticed that he was bringing haechan's bag to school. he opened it and questioned why haechan had a tissue box inside. he shrugged it off and gave it to donghyuck, ❝that's so sweet of you to give it to haechan.

donghyuck snorted, ❝bold of you to assume that i'm giving it to him.❞ he blew his nose on the tissues he took out, ❝i'm crying watching him cry.