⌜ fifty two ⌟

it was quiet.

and it was driving him crazy.

donghyuck squeezed his eyes shut before opening them, trying to get used to the bright light. he then noticed that he was at a flowery field with butterflies flying around. he furrowed his brows, confused.

wasn't he at the hospital?

hyuck!❞ a voice shouted, ❝are you done resting?

there was no one at the field, ❝resting?

someone then appeared behind the tree, giggling. he waved his hand in the air, getting donghyuck's attention.

confused and shocked, donghyuck stood up from his place which was at the middle of the field. pretty much far from the tree at had someone hiding behind it ❝mark?

the male's giggle was loud enough for donghyuck to hear, for donghyuck to remember how much he missed that giggle.

but what is mark doing there, standing like nothing happened? laughing like he was completely fine and wasn't shot? why did it feel like nothing really happened?

you told me you were tired and you needed to rest!❞ mark shouted, ❝we were playing tag and you haven't caught me yet.

mark.❞ donghyuck's shocked face slowly turned into a crying one. tears were flowing down, but didn't make mark worried.

the older scoffed, ❝you can't fool me! i know you want me to hug you make you stop crying but then it would just be one of your evil plans to catch me.

he wasn't paying attention to what mark was blabbering about and sprinted towards the older who just stopped talking after noticing donghyuck running towards him.

feeling something hard and rough, donghyuck furrowed his brows and pulled away from the hug. he was hugging a tree and as he turned to the side he saw mark smiling sheepishly. donghyuck went back to crying as mark was now so close to him and jumped towards his direction to hug but was again dodged by mark.

catch me first.❞ mark took a step back before running off.

donghyuck sniffed and wiped his tears using the sleeves of the shirt he is wearing before following mark, now laughing.

they were running around the field, both having a smile on their faces. mark stumbled on a rock but luckily got up before donghyuck could catch him. he stuck his tongue out, giving donghyuck a face while running away from him. donghyuck raised his fist up, threatening mark that he would punch him if he catches him but to the older he looked cute than scary.

it was a nice sight, them running around the flowery field with butterflies flying around. they didn't need any sweet background music, their laughs were the only music they needed.