⌜ twenty three ⌟

❝actually, to be honest

actually, to be honest..❞ mark placed his spoon down and at jeno who was peacefully eating his lunch ❝i'm straight.

the boy in front of him just scoffed and continued to eat, not caring about mark's lie ❝that's what all in denial gays say.

i'm not gay!

yeah sure, i dare you to say that in front of haechan.❞ jeno was confused on which name to use for donghyuck but then decided to call him haechan since that's what all people in school call him.

i mean..❞ mark rest his chin on the palm of his hand stared at the entrance of the cafeteria, waiting for someone to arrive ❝i guess i am a little bit gay for donghyuck..

jeno gulped the food he was munching awhile ago ❝what really is his name, donghyuck or haechan?

just then, mark remembered that donghyuck was hiding his identity so that those men who are looking for him won't find him. ❝o-oh.. it's haechan. i sometimes mistake his name as donghyuck because he looks like someone..

jeno raised a brow, ❝and who might that be?

mark is only making things worse, ❝remember that kid..❞ he thought of some excuse, ❝you know..

mark, is there something you're hiding from me?❞ it would hurt jeno if he is. they weren't supposed to hide secrets since they are 'bros for life' but seems like that rule was long gone ever since donghyuck arrived.

ever since the boy appeared, jeno has been having this familiar feelings. it's the same when he's with jaemin and there's no way he'll tell mark about it. thus making him hide something from mark but it's fair because mark looks like he's also hiding something from him.

that guy who..❞ mark ran a hand through his hair ❝stole my lion stuffed toy.

he looks like haechan?

mark was 9 years old when he had this lion stuffed toy, he keeps and he treats it like a real person. mark was the only child and he feels sometimes lonely because his father is rarely home and his mother is with him but is also busy with something else, which leaves him with his stuff toy. one time, someone visited them and mark panicked when his lion stuffed toy was no longer in his arms. he usually hugs it when he sleeps and it was gone the moment he woke up. he searched everywhere inside his house only to find out that someone was playing with it. it was a boy, the son of his father's friend.

his name is donghyuck and yeah..❞ a lie, ❝he looks like haechan.

mark honestly doesn't know what the kid's name was but now that he thinks about it, it did looked a bit like donghyuck. he now wondered where the kid is now, is he doing well? does he also go to the same school?