Chapter 27

Benjamin's POV.

It's been a week since Sofia went into a coma, and everyday I prayed she would be alright. I asked Jacob to get me a picture of where I saw Elijah and he haven't yet got any information for me.

I hope his not who I think he is.

Tonight is the first night since that week that I'm at my own house. The doctors said I'm not helping Sofia by just being there day and night and not eating, but I promised her I would be there when she wakes up, and I will keep that promise. I broke the first promise and I don't plan on breaking this promise.Just a few hours of rest and I will go see her.

The minute I lay on my bed I felt asleep.

"Benjamin you hurting me. Please Benjamin." I heard Sofia cry but I couldn't see her face right.

"Sofia where are you ?" I kept calling her but I couldn't find her.

"Let me go. You promised!" I heard her cry again. I ran as fast as I could searching for her but there was no way I could find her.

"I'm here Benjamin. But please let me go. It hurts you know. The pain I can't take it anymore. You promise Benji. You promised." I heard her again and for the first time I saw her.

"Sofia is that really you?" I asked her getting closer to her.

"Benjamin. Please switch it off. Don't you want to see me happy ?" She was so sad. She was sadder then I ever saw her before.

"Yes, I want to see you happy Sofia. But I can't. I can't do it Sofia." I tried getting closer to her but she moved back and her reaction changed.

"You so selfish. Coward. That's why your mother left." She snapped angry at me. She made me so furious that I ran to her but she just disappeared again.

"Sofia ?" I called her again and she was standing in front of me. I could see her fade away lightly.

"Coward let me go please. It hurts. You promised. Please." The words kept replying in my heard, as she fade away.

"Sofiaaaa" I yelled her name as I jumped out of the bed.

That was just a dream.

Could she be trying to tell me something. I'm I really selfish? Is she really hurting ? She's been in that coma for a week and the doctor lost all hope and her condition isn't getting any better.

Everyday since last week even if I'm with her I get the same dream. It never changes. I guess it's her way of telling me to let her go.

It's time!

It's f*cking time I let her go, maybe it's for the best. I took my jacket and my car keys. I'm going to do it. I'll have to try.

I can't be selfish!

***

I opened the door I went in and saw her sleeping peacefully. The doctor did say she's sleeping and may never wake up. She did say that even if she ever does she won't be the same person. She may have a brain damage and may not even know who I am.

A million times I wish Sofia changed but I never wanted her to change this much. I wish I could just say how much I'm sorry. I wish I could tell her I'm sorry for everything.

But sorry is just another word.

I walked to the machine. Should I do it or not ? Was a question I didn't have an answer too. Does it really hurt her that much to have called me a coward?