chapter 33

Benjamin's POV

"What's wrong Elijah ?" I asked trying to make him stop crying.

"I miss mommy. I want to wish for mommy." He said still crying

"Momma is just tired son, she will be here soon."

"You promise daddy?" He asked and I nod my head praying she actually wakes up. After a couple of minutes later he fell asleep on me still crying. Damn Sofia why can't you just wake up at least for the sake of the kid.

I quickly picked up Elijah and went upstairs trying not to wake him up. I entered my room and put him on my bed and took a blanket to cover him. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and left my room.

Looks like I will be sleeping at one of the guest room.

I went in the guest room and quickly went to bed. I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of Sofia. What would happen if she never wakes up?  How will I raise Elijah without a mother? What do I do when Damien decides to switch the machine off?

It was almost half-past two when I finally felt asleep and had the same dream again

"Benjamin you hurting me. Please Benjamin." I heard Sofia cry but I couldn't see her face right.

"What Sofia where are you ?" I kept calling her but I couldn't find her.

"Let me go. You promised!" I heard her crying again. I ran as fast as I could searching for her but there was no way I could find her.

"I'm here Benjamin. But please let me go. It hurts you know. The pain I can't take it anymore. You promise Benji. You promised." I heard her again and for the first time I saw her.

"Sofia is that really you?" I asked her getting closer to her.

"Yes Benjamin. But please switch it off. Don't you want to see me happy ?" She was so sad. She was sadder then I ever saw her before.

"Yes, I want to see you happy Sofia. But I can't. I can't do it Sofia." I tried getting closer to her but she moved back and her reaction changed.

"You so selfish. Coward. That's why your mother left." She snapped angry at me. She made me so furious that I ran to her but she just disappeared again.

"Sofia ?" I called her again and she was standing in front of me. I could see her fade away lightly.

"Coward let me go please. It hurts. You promised. Please." The words kept replying in my heard, as she fade away.

"Sofiaaaa" I yelled her name as I jumped out of the bed.

Damn you Sofia! She doesn't even let me sleep for a few hours. She's so lucky she's in coma because if I knew she has been hiding my son from me I don't know what I would've done.

I quickly left the guest room to go check up on Elijah and the minute I entered his room he was gone.

Where the hell could he go? 

I ran out of the room to go check the whole house. I checked each room but there was still no sign of him. I knew it was a bad idea letting him stay at my house, I should've just let him stay with Anna.

First night he is sleeping in my house and this is how he ends up.

I checked the kitchen but he wasn't there. I can't believe his gone. The only place left for me to check was the bathroom and I prayed that I find him there.