Chapter 46

"You seriously won't eat Elijah?" I asked him for the fifth time. He keeps saying he ate at Anna's place which was a few hours ago.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds before answering "Dad I'm not hungry." He looked back at the TV which he was watching the whole time.

"Then you going to have to sleep now." I told him but he didn't even look up to me or anything. His eyes were still fixed on the TV. "Elijah its past your bed time." I added but he didn't even brother looking at me so I quickly grabbed the remote and switched the TV off.

"Daddy." He shouted crossing his arms across his chest angry.

"You have to sleep now Elijah." I said walking away from him.

"Please dadd--" We were interrupted by the door ring. It's nine and I definitely don't expect anyone.

I put the remote down forgetting about Elijah but I didn't care about him taking the remote because I know he doesn't know how to use it.

Before I opened the door, the person I least expect came in.

"Hey." Carlos said as he closed the door behind him. I was trying my at most best not to shoot him in the head right now. I told both him and Jay that the only time we will ever speak is when it's business and nothing else.

"Get out." I snapped at him but Elijah didn't bother turning to look who I was talking to. He was still busy figuring out the remote.

"Benjamin liste--"

"Are you deaf or something? I said get out." I pushed him to the door but he wouldn't leave. "What the f--hell do you want? Sofia isn't here to strip for you again." I closed my eyes to calm down for Elijah sake.

"She--There's something you should know." He said taking a few deep breaths "But first you can't have your gun on you when I tell you everything."

"Didn't I tell you and Jay you not welcome in my house." I asked taking my gun out. "I told you the next time I see you in my house I'll kill you, and this time Charlotte isn't here to safe you."

"You seriously holding a gun on me." He looked and saw Elijah playing with the remote. "You think Elijah would want a father who carries his gun everywhere ?" He asked me and I looked at Elijah who was still busy with the remote, poor kid.

"Elijah." I said his name softly. "Elijah." I repeated it a few times again and looked at Elijah who was looking at me as if I was calling him. "How the hell do you know his name?" I asked turning back to Carlos and walking closer to him.

"Answer my question." I said looking back at Elijah and giving him a fake smile. We were all interrupted by Layla who just came in not even knocking.

"Seriously you still don't lock the door." She said as she walked in my house as if she didn't do anything. "Ben." She took my gun and put it in her bag.

"When were you going to tell me about Elijah?" She said running up to Elijah who was struggling with the remote.

"How do you know about him?" I asked.

"Charlotte told me. I can't believe his almost going to be four and I didn't even know he existed." She played with his cheeks and he just kept looking at her weird. They don't even know the fact that I didn't even know about him.

"His so damn cute." She played with his hair and he just gave her the remote. "You want to watch TV ?" She asked and he nod his head.

"Can you please make him sleep ?" I asked her and she laughed.

"Definitely a Carson." She picked him up and whispered something to him as she took him upstairs.

"Now how do you know about Elijah?" I asked Carlos who was just standing there.