Chapter 79

-flashback-
Carlene's POV.

I watched Sofia drowning, this should be my victory. If she dies than Benjamin will stop thinking about her, he will stop loving her because I'm tired of always being the one that looks after him at nights when his crying for her.

I watched her, I could see she was struggling. Her eyes were shut but I wasn't happy, I should be happy but I'm not. Why do I care about a bitch that stole my husband. Does she know how much trouble I went through to marry him. Does she even know I can go to jail because of the things papa and I did.

I tired to jump in the water to save her but something held me back. Elijah will have me as a mother, I promise I'll make sure he never finds out about Sofia. He's only four now, it's not like his going to remember her when he gets older. I'll just have to make sure I love him more than anything in this world.

Yes. That's all I have to do and Benjamin and I will live happily ever after. Elijah will never know!

I heard someone come in and I didn't bother looking at who it was. My eyes were fixed on Sofia. She was dying a slow death, exactly what she deserves.

"Where is Sofia?" Benjamin asked but I didn't bother answering him. All he cares about is Sofia, when will he ever say where is Carlene? how are you Carlene, are you pregnant love?

When will he ever think about me?

I should've left the swimming pool but it was too late, Benjamin saw Sofia and he jumped in the swimming pool. Why does he always go the extra mile for her? Why doesn't he ever think about me.

He cheated on her when they were married and yet he still acts like he loves her.

I watched him do the CPR and he wasn't even focusing. I knew he was panicking but I didn't care. Elijah doesn't need her, I'll be his mother, I promise to take care of him for her. I won't love my own kids more than Elijah. I'll make sure his my favorite child after all his going to be the one to take over Benjamin's companies. But what if he finds out?

What if he finds out I didn't save his mother. He's going to hate me, he will disown me and I can't let him suffer. He's a baby and I know he loves this bitch so much even though I can be a better mother than her.

I watched Benjamin try his best to save her and I knew if I don't do anything to help her now than she will die. I hate you Elijah for doing this to me. Dad will never even forgive me for this.

I ran to Benjamin and pushed him off, I took a second before starting to perform the CPR.

I'll definitely regret this!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .  .

Sofia's POV.

I sat on the couch thinking about everything Carlene told me today. I know I shouldn't believe her words, but what if she's telling the truth. She has no reasons to lie about anything.

"The door was open." Benjamin who was standing in front of me said.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to lock it." I have been thinking the whole time that I even forgot the door. I'm so happy Elijah isn't the type to be quiet when his hungry or else I would've forgot about him too.