Chapter 84

Sofia's POV.

"Goodbye." For a second everyone thought he would shoot himself but he shot Martin five times and I closed my eyes.

"Are you crazy?" Diego shouted. "Moerat will be here soon now because of you." He continued shouted and I opened my eyes.

"Benjamin take Sofia and Elijah home. Jay take Jailson home and uncle Xavier make sure you know what to say if Moerat asks you questions about Martin's death and the rest of us will take care of the body." Carlos said dialing a number. "Layla if anyone asks you where I was tonight tell them I was with you." As soon as he was done talking he hung up.

"This is your first time seeing someone die and you think you can be in charge?" Diego asked Carlos.

"I was in military school and I was there for a reason so Diego unless you want to go to jail---"

"Can everyone just shut up." Jailson shouted. "I killed Martin, I'll take care of him."

"No. Benjamin will stop day dreaming and take Sofia and Elijah home and we will do everything like Carlos said just make sure you all have a witness if Moerat comes to question you." Damien shouted and Benjamin grabbed my hand.

"I'll get Elijah and you start the car okay." Benjamin said to me and I nod taking the keys from him.

"Mary you have to go unless you want to go to jail." I told my mother and I quickly ran out of the house and got in the car.

I started the engine and waited for Benjamin to come out of the house with Elijah.

"You can go." Benjamin muttered getting in the car with Elijah and closing the door. "He's still in shock." He added

"Did Elijah see anything?" I asked driving the car.

"No. He is only scared because of the shouting and gunshot." Benjamin explained.

As soon as we got in the house Benjamin bathed Elijah telling him stuffs to say if anyone asks him where he was tonight. Benjamin even called Anna to tell her if Moerat asked her questions about tonight she should say we were with her.

After an hour Benjamin finally put Elijah to sleep. I knew Benjamin was hurting because of the way he was acting. Whenever I see him he would just fake a smile and leave in a hurry. He can't even look me in the eyes for more than a second. It was like he felt disgusted for sleeping with a women, that his uncle raped.

"Can I sleep with you?" I asked and he quickly moved turning to his left. He can't even look at me.

"Benjamin I'm sorry." I apologize for getting raped by his uncle and for everything else I put him through.

"It's not your fault." He replied not even turning to face me.

I quickly got in bed but I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about how life would be if I never met Benjamin. I can't believe I ruined his life after everything. Why didn't I ever put him first in my life, why I'm I always so selfish and care about myself only,

"Sleep, Moerat will be here first thing in the morning, trust me." Benjamin said and I quickly turned to him.

"Why are you not sleeping?" I asked but there was no reply. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Benjamin I was scared, I didn't want to break your heart--"