Chapter 2: Murders Everywhere

(Haven's POV)

I woke up with a pounding headache, like someone hit a brick against it. It's been a week since my incident with the janitor, yet no one knows who committed the crime. I kept my mouth shut about it. I didn't want to say I witnessed it, or they will blame me. I walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and used my peppermint mouth wash. I looked in the huge mirror and saw that my hair was perfectly fine. How lucky I was today. 

I walked back into my room and dressed for school. I pulled out my school uniform and I slipped it on over myself. It was a white buttoned shirt with a blue tie, and a blue skirt. I chose not to wear the blue jacket with it like everyone else. I thought it looked stupid.I sighed and went down the hall to the dining room. The T.V. was on the news. I watched it as I poured cereal into my bowl.

"Another body was found yesterday. The victim was Peter Farr. He was murdered in his own bedroom last night, and had a long cut at his side with his organs nowhere to be found in his body.."

I stopped listening after that sentence. Another murder? That's been twenty people killed in this area in only a week! And they all died the same way. Either the kidneys, or all of the organs were gone from a victim. That's how the janitor died too... Does that mean that the person who killed the janitor is the killer?..My blood froze at the thought. What if the murderer had seen me? What if he was targeting me next?

"Get ahold of yourself Haven." I whispered to myself.

I ate the rest of my cereal in silence. Judging by how quiet it is, Mom and Dad must be at work. They always worked everyday, and they were never home. I guess that's what you get when your parents are working for a corporate. I dumped my bowl into the sink and grabbed my skull satchel that was lying against the door. I stepped out into the cold, chilly air. I'd imagine it would be snowing soon. I put my headphones on and started playing music from my ipod.

"Secret Love, are you there? Will you answer my prayers?" I sang loudly. I changed it to the next song. "If you want to get out alive, run for your life. If you want to get out alive, run for your liiiiiiife. If I stay, it won't be long till I'm burning on the inside..."