Chapter 23: Hunting For Christmas

(Haven's POV)
I woke up to someone violently shaking me. I popped open my eyes to see Eyeless Jack peering down at me.

"What?" I asked groggily. 

Eyeless jack pointed at my bandaged hand.

"What happened to your hand? Why is it bleeding? The scabbing looks fresher than it was before! Did you do something?" 

I looked down at my hand with fake surprise.

"I never noticed that!" I exclaimed.

 Of course, I was lying. E.J. looked at me, his gaze penetrating.

"Well how could it be bleeding when most of the skin had almost been healed up?" He asked suspiciously. 

I shrugged.

"Maybe that succubus thing actually got me," I lied.

"I guess so. It didn't bleed that badly, so it must've been a scratch."

 I nodded.

E.J. helped me up from his bed and walked me to the kitchen. Honestly, I was wobbly and dizzy.

"What do you want for breakfast?" E.J. asked.

"Um...I guess whatever you feel like making." I answered.

E.J. just murmured. I sat at the table with my head down, waiting for my breakfast to be done. Ugh, I was damn tired from yesterday. I must've fallen asleep, because E.J. flicked my temple.

"Ow!" I said, rubbing my temple.

"Well, you fell asleep. Anyway, here." 

I stared at my breakfast, shocked at how creative it was. It was a bunch of pig in a blankets circle into a wreath with little herbs tangled into it and a fake candy bow.

"Wow, how did you make it that quick?" 

E.J. stared at me.

"It took me an hour. You passed out on the table." E.J. said confused.

"Oh.."

E.J. sat across from me and watched me eat the whole entire thing.

"It's Christmas Eve today, right?"

 I nodded and gulped down the last of my food.

"YEP!" I said loudly.

 I took my plate over to the sink and washed it.

"Haven, how about I take you with me to go hunting? You could be useful since I saw how you helped me the other day. Then after that, we can sit in the house and do whatever you humans do for Christmas."

 I brightened up at the last part.

"Okay!" 

"Good, now get dressed and get a coat! It's cold outside." E.J. said bossily.

 I rolled my eyes at E.J. Yeah, we've kinda got along better now, but in his eyes, I was still a slave and tool.I skipped down the hallway to throw on a long sleeved black shirt, black converse, and a beanie. I grabbed my coat and ran out. I was one step out the door, when E.J. yelled at me.

"GET BACK IN HERE!" 

 I stopped and turned around. E.J. was holding the chain in his two hands. I stared at him in confusion.

"Why am I being chained up? I thought I was going with you?" 

E.J. nodded his head.

"You are, but this is a leash type of thing. You're still my slave. I trust you, but I like chaining you." He said.

 I just shook my head and looked at the ground. I just can't win. I felt E.J. tie the collar around my neck and hook the chain. 

"All right, lets go!" He yelled out, and he ran out into the snow with me literally dragging behind him.