Chapter 29: Busted

(Haven's POV)
Thanes trotted beside me as I made my way through the forest. I've been meeting up with Luke for the past month. All we've ever done was walk through the woods and talk about ourselves. And I think we've gotten to know each other very well! I was giggling at a joke that Luke had gotten from Family Guy.

"Hey! Look, we're at the edge of a cliff!" Luke exclaimed. 

He grabbed my hand as he ran towards the edge. He stopped with me beside him, pointing down to the sparkling lake below.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered in awe.

"Just like you Haven."

I blushed a deep crimson red at his comment. 

"What?" I asked in a quiet tone.

Luke lifted my chin up towards him.

"Haven, you're a beautiful young woman. I noticed that when you were shopping in Hot Topic that one day. After getting to know you, I think I know what I need to do." 

Luke bent his head down towards me. He was going to kiss me! My first kiss from a really hot guy?! HELL YEAH!!! I closed my eyes.

"HAVEN!"

We both jumped back as E.J.'s deep voice sounded. I swiveled around to see E.J. tensed, growling at Luke. I felt fur rub against my legs. I glanced down to see Thanes bristling. I saw Tornado tensed up near E.J.

"What do you think you're doing?!" E.J. asked outraged. 

"Well, I was talking and hanging out with Luke," I answered with an edgy tone.

 E.J. turned towards Luke.

"I said to stay away from her. Now this is your last chance. Either go away, or you can die right here."

 I rushed over to Luke and held onto his arm.

"Don't threaten him like that!"

E.J.'s posture went rigid. I guess he was surprised my loud outburst. I glared at him, which just made him pissed.

"You're coming home." 

 I suddenly found myself being dragged away from E.J. . I looked in front of me to see that I was far away from Luke.

"Let me go!" I thrashed. 

I heard a door open, and E.J. tossed me in the cabin. I scrambled to the wall and stood up. 

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I roared at him. E.J. stood mask to face with me.

"I don't want you near him!"

"Why?! He didn't do anything!" I argued. 

E.J. held my shoulders.

"You don't know what he's capable of! And, why did you lie for three weeks straight?!" E.J. questioned. 

I wiggled my way from him.

"Because, you wouldn't let me leave this hellhole! Jesus Christ! Have you ever thought that maybe I don't want to be by a damn cannibal eating freak?! Of course not because you're a selfish bastard. I hate you, you damn monster! " 

E.J. stopped where he was. I just crossed my arms.

"T-take that b-back," E.J. stuttered. 

I shook my head.

"No! Don't deny the truth."

"TAKE IT BACK!" 

I jumped back as E.J. threw the couch. I sat on the ground, shaking a little.

"Take it back! Take it back!"

 E.J. scratched the walls, leaving dark, long lines. 

"T-take it-it b-back!"

E.J. crouched down sobbing in the middle of the floor. I turned away from his lean figure. Eventually, I heard him sniff and the sound of a door slam. I turned my gaze to the bathroom. I need a shower. I felt the warm water hit my face as I turned the knob. 

Why did I have to live with him?! He's a fudging monster! And to top that, he ruined my almost first kiss! I stomped out of the shower and pulled on some shorts and a red crop top. I pulled my damp hair into a messy ponytail. I walked down the hallway to reach the living room. The couch was flipped over, and the walls were covered with scratches from E.J. I huffed and looked back over to the couch. The door caught my attention. It was wide open, and Luke stood there with a smile on his face. I smiled back and bounded over to him.

"Come," he whispered.

I nodded my head eagerly. Before I took his hand, I peeked around the corner to make sure that E.J. was still in his room. . I smiled when I heard nothing but silence. I skipped over to Luke and gladly took his hand. That was the worst mistake of my life...