Chapter 8: Escape

(Eyeless Jack's POV)
I hung upside down from the ceiling, taking in the scene in front of me. My head was in the shadows. I didn't want anyone to see my face. In case you were wondering, Haven was fighting her parents. Here's what happened earlier: 

I watched Haven stare her parents down. Her father had stepped towards her.

"Haven, will you help us? You are our precious daughter." Her father had replied.

"Bullshit! You were just conversing on how you were going to get rid of her!" I said out of annoyance.

Hey, if you were in my situation, you would defend her too. Haven was my only escape. After this, I'll kill her too.

"Shut up, you fiend!" her mother shouted at me. 

I growled at her. That bitch is going to die first!

Haven took a step forward, which was a dangerous move. Her father lunged out at her. That's when I saw the most beautiful round house kick in my life. She kicked him straight in the head. I could hear the crack of his skull, which was now fractured. Click! Haven's mother grabbed a sharp piece of glass and started running towards Haven.

"Your purpose for this mission is over!!" Her mother yelled.

"HEY! SHE'S GONNA STAB YOU!" I warned. 

Haven sidestepped her mother and stuck out her leg to trip her mother. The piece of glass went flying out of her hands.Haven picked up the piece of glass slowly, stumbling while walking in front of me and her parents. It was obvious that they hadn't given her any medical attention for a week. Talking about attention, I'm hungry. Those assholes have been starving me for a week! I saw the light glint off the glass, which gave a very eerie glow in the dark attic.

"You can't kill us. You're too afraid!" Her mother laughed. 

Haven nodded her head.

"You're right. But I'm not the one who's going to kill you." Haven pointed her finger at my body figure. "HE IS!!" Haven screamed.

I felt the chains and rope around my body loosen. I stuck one hand out and grabbed Haven's neck. I threw her against the wall, and turned to face her parents. My face was still hidden in the shadows. I licked my lips.

"What was that again that you said earlier? I'm at your mercy? Looks like the situation is reversed." I said, a smirk finding my lips.

I jumped on her mother first and slammed her head against the floorboard, over and over again. After five smacks, she was dead. I looked at the father. Now what to do with him? I felt around in my hoodie's pocket. Ah, there it is. I pulled out my scalpel and slit his throat. I soon started dissecting them to get my precious food, organs. Blood pooled around me as I reached inside their cuts and pulled each one out, biting into the organs viciously. I

t's been a while since I've tasted these. Well, only a week but you get my point. I licked my lips after I had finished. I put my hand on a cardboard box, supporting my weight to get up. I felt something hard, round and cool touch my hand. I glanced down to my side to see my blue mask. Finally, I can hide my identity!

Once I put it on, I swiveled around to finish my business. The only problem was, the attic was empty. The door was wide open. I sat there for a minute, processing the situation. That's okay, I like hunting people anyway. It makes it much more interesting...