Chapter 33: Finding Haven

(E.J's POV, a week before Haven escaped)

I ran through the forest, stalking a hiker who had hurt his leg. I caught sight of him and jumped down from a tree branch, landing squarely on his shoulders. I twisted his neck to hear it crack. He tumbled forward and laid there on the grass. I stood up and started doing my usual procedure to receive the kidneys. It's been three days since Haven had been taken by Luke. No sight of her anywhere. I've been looking everyday without stopping.

 Tornado and Thanes sat next to me, both looking tired and weary. Honestly, I was weary too. I haven't ate in the past three days, and this is the only meal I've had. I've been looking for Haven day in and day out. I sighed as I bit into a kidney. I immediately spit it out as I tasted smokiness. This guy must've been a smoker.

"So much for having one good meal." I muttered sadly.

 I looked up to the sky where the sun was setting. 

"Haven, where could you be? Are you even alive?! Why didn't you listen to me?! WHY AM I EVEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!"

I shouted at the clouds. I held my face in my gray hands. Why was I looking for her? I felt a flutter in my chest. What was that feeling? I pressed my hand to my heart. This feeling feels so strange, but so familiar. Did I experience this when I was human?The only thing I did know, was that I felt this whenever I was with Haven.  I don't know what it is, but it always put a smile on my face. I lifted my mask to scratch my face.

"Haven, if you're out there, I'm coming for you. Don't give up...I love you, Haven."

I stood rigid as those three words tumbled out of my mouth. What did I just say? Did I just say I loved that red head? I felt my heart flutter again. Yeah, I did. Did I actually mean it though? Aw, shit. This isn't good...What would Slenderman and the rest think? She's not one of us. I felt a tail drape itself around my shoulders. I looked to my side to see Tornado look at me with his blue eyes.

These cats were definitely something else. Those eyes reminded me of someone I used to know, but they were just cats right? I stared over at Thanes. He was much bigger than Tornado, but bother were bigger than average cats. I shrugged my shoulders. Maybe they weren't... I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a twig snap. I dove under a bush as a woman walked into the clearing. She gasped when she saw the hiker's body.

"Billy! We have a huge problem! Get the park rangers and call the police!" She said frantically into her walkie talkie.

 I could smell the blood that was pumping from her heart. Oh, I was so hungry...

"AAAAUGGGHGHGGH!"

Without noticing what I did, I held the woman's kidney in my hand. Did I just kill her instantly? I looked down at her lifeless body, then shrugged. At least she isn't a smoker. After I ate one of her kidneys, I stuffed the other one in my hoodie pocket. 

"Alright, now back to searching for Haven," I said to the cats. 

I took off running through the woods going deeper and deeper, the cats running alongside of me.

"I'm coming Haven..."