Chapter 22: Forgive Me

(Haven's POV)
I woke up the next day with a killer headache.

"Ugh," I groaned loudly.

"Feeling okay?"

 I turned my gaze onto E.J.'s tall figure. I narrowed my eyes and glared at him. I looked the other way and pouted. What a butthole he is! I crossed my arms and stared at the wall. I refuse to talk to that cannibalistic freak. I felt him pat my shoulder. 

"I can make you breakfast if you want?" E.J. offered. 

I didn't answer him. I just kept my body turned away from him. After a few more minutes, he realized he wasn't going to get an answer from me. I heard him shuffle away, a sigh being heard. I laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling. E.J. was watching t.v. I wanted to too, but I didn't want to face him. I felt really hungry, and my stomach decided to let the world know. A loud gurgle from my stomach signaled that my stomach just growled. Wow, I was really hungry. I felt a gaze penetrate my back.

"Are you hungry now? I'm pretty sure that was your stomach. You should eat something. Here, I'll make you a pizza." E.J. blabbered.

I just stayed motionless. I knew that Eyeless Jack had given up because I heard the t.v. turn off and a door close. I'm guessing he went back to his room. When I turned around to face the t.v., it read 6:00 p.m. So it's been almost a day since I've ate anything. Wow, I really need to eat. This hunger is gnawing away at my stomach. I sighed and decided to look up at the ceiling.

"WHAT THE H-"

E.J. was hanging upside down from the ceiling right above me. He was staring at me with his blue mask.

"Hungry?" 

I glared at him and turned the other direction again. I felt him drop onto me.

"Ooof!" 

E.J. just sat on top of me.

"Hey..Please talk to me. I'm sorry for yesterday, but please talk to me. It kinda sucks when you don't have anyone to talk to..." I heard him whisper.

I just flipped him off. I felt his fingers dig into my shoulders. I snapped my attention to his face. His mask was lifted up halfway, showing his gray skin and lips.

 "Please just eat something." 

I don't think he noticed that his mask lifted a little. I stared at his mouth.

"Hellooooo?" He asked.

 I could see his sharp, pointed teeth whenever he talked, or smile, or frowned. He could easily rip me apart with just his teeth. I shuddered underneath E.J. 

"What's wrong? Are you scared of me?" 

I could hear the amusement in his voice. So he was trying to scare me into talking to him? Smart, and it was working.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered. E.J. leaned forward, his teeth fully exposed.

"Are we going to talk more now?" 

I nodded my head. 

"I want an actual answer!" He commanded. 

"Yes..." 

E.J. dragged me into the kitchen by my feet.

"You can fix yourself something. Oh, and only.. three more days until Christmas?"

I nodded, while I opened the cabinet and took a protein bar. I chewed on it nervously as I saw E.J. pull out sharp tools.

"I'm going hunting. You're going to be chained next to the bathroom until I get back." E.J. said firmly.

 "B-but!" 

E.J. growled. I instantly shut up and let him chain me to the bathroom door. Great job Haven. You have officially lost his trust. So much for freedom...