Chapter 44: Settled In (Short Chapter)

(E.J.'s POV)

Three months since we've made it to Shadowed Valley. Three months since we've had any type of drama. It's been peaceful here, and Haven and I have gotten closer. We never leave each other's side for too long, and we always go hunting for my food cravings together. I feel as if my feelings have grown stronger, but who am I to say such a thing? I'm just a cannibalistic monster.

"And the lion fell in love with the lamb," Haven read aloud, closing her book before rubbing her eyes. 

We were both sitting on the leather brown couch on the living room. Earlier, I was working on building a little play set for Tornado and Thanes when Haven had popped her little, pretty red head in the room. She had asked if she could read in here, and I had shrugged my tired shoulders. Turns out, Haven had wanted to read out loud to me.

"Is that the end of the story?" I asked, sitting up and wiping my hands on my dark jeans.

 I wanted to hear her sweet, honey filled voice read the words from the pages of that book again. It soothed me in a way, and I knew Haven loved reading.

"Nope. There's still more to go before I finish Twilight," Haven answered.

She stood up and walked over to me, bending over to look over my shoulder. Her long, straight red hair hung down and touched my shoulders. Her scent smelled so heavenly. It smelled like fresh mint and evergreens. I could easily get drunk off of her scent. I adjusted my blue and black mask before turning to face her.

"It's finally done. Now we don't have to keep our cats busy."

Right on cue, the two tom cats strolled into the living room, purring and sniffing the air. Haven giggled at the cats, and I smiled slightly under my mask. Everything seemed to finally be going our way, and I was so thankful for that. I watched as Tornado and Thanes cautiously sniffed the play set I had just built for them. Their silver and golden ears flicked as they pawed at the strings that I had attached. I hugged Haven from behind, and she smiled over her shoulder at me. If only I could tell her how I actually felt. Yes, everything was finally alright.  

Author's Note: Aw, wasn't this such a sweet chapter? I'm thinking about posting the rest of the story today. And I wanted your opinions on something. I have a Jeff The Killer story that is currently being worked on on my Quotev. Would any of you like me to post that story here as well? The writing style is much better than this one since this was from around three to four years ago. Let me know what you think, my precious cherry blossoms! And if any of you want to contact me, follow my instagram:  chubby_mono_mochi

It's mostly a bunch of selfies and kpop, but I'll be posting more about anime and creepypasta on that account as well! I love ya'll!