Chapter 10: Observations

(Eyeless Jack's POV)
I looked down on the young girl's body under me. Her eyes had fluttered closed, and her head rolled to the side. I got off of her and stood above her. What was that?! She looked up at me, and she didn't even struggle. Did she just really give up like that? I sighed and bent down to examine her. This girl is just too confusing! 

I sniffed above her. Oh, that's why. I could barely hear the sound of the blood in her veins. She had lost too much blood from those wounds. I sat there for a minute, thinking about what I should do. I didn't want to exactly kill her, at least not yet.

She's impressive for a human. Especially her fighting skills and fearlessness. I studied her pale face and the way her red hair had flowed to the side. Her eyelashes were really long, and she looked so innocent, but frail. She looked cute like a puppy. Hmm... I think she'll be my slave like pet. Yeah, I'll use her until I get tired of her. That's a good idea. 

I lifted her up and threw her over my shoulders. She would be unconscious for a while. I jumped from tree to tree, trying to get away from the town as far away as possible. After a few more minutes, I dropped down from the tree limbs and scanned the forest. I should be close to my little house.I started walking to the east. 

My house should just be up this hill. After a tiring up trek up the hill, I finally saw my destination. I turned the doorknob and walked into the living room. This house looked small, but it was big on the inside. I headed straight to the basement door. I needed to clean her wounds and pump iron or blood into her system. I laid her body down on my wooden 'operating' table. I turned to look into my tool box for the right supplies that I will need for this situation. 

 I withdrew some bandages, gauze, scissors, pills, alcohol, cotton balls, and disinfectant ointment. I piled all of the little medical supplies into my arms and shuffled over to Haven's body. I lifted up the hand with the cut across the palm. It had healed a little, but it could still easily be infected. I dotted alcohol on a cotton ball and wiped away the dried blood. The wound was still clean, not infected.I turned my attention over to her bitten left hand. Unfortunately, that wound didn't look clean at all...

   I held her bitten hand up and examined it. It was infected. I'm surprised she could even move it. I'd imagine it would hurt so bad to where she would be bawling about it. I took a cotton swab with alcohol and tried my best to wipe away the crusty scabs from it. All they were doing was putting bacteria into it. It was a really nasty yellow green color. 

I watched it sizzle as the alcohol ate the bacteria up on the surface. Once I stopped hearing the bite sizzle, I squirted little dot of disinfectant ointment on her hand. I rubbed it all the way in and then picked some of the gauze I had. I wrapped it around the palm and wrist. I took the bandages and completely wrapped her hand instead of her fingers. That way, she can still use her hand. I cut the remaining bandages off and stored them in my box for later uses.

I noticed I hadn't seen her move or breathe a little through that whole entire time. I strained my ears to listen for a heartbeat. I could hear something, but I wasn't sure if it was her heart. I shuffled over to her body and tilted my head. Was she dead? I unbuttoned her shirt to see if that would help me hear better. I listened to the silence. Still nothing. 

Next, I removed her white tank top. I still couldn't hear a single thing. The last thing to do was remove her bra. I didn't really want to do that, but I had to. I slipped off her small white, I'm guessing sports bra. I couldn't hear anything. She had to be still alive, otherwise she would be cold as Antarctica. I placed my ear against her exposed chest, trying to hear her heartbeat.

 I could hear a tiny, steady flutter. She was still alive. The heartbeat seemed healthy, but quiet. I guess Haven's okay. I took my ear off of her chest. I put her clothes back on and walked up the stairs into the kitchen. Did I have any human food? I looked into my cabinets. Nope. Nothing. I'll just wait until she wakes up, then I could interrogate her.