Chapter 24: Christmas Day

(E.J.'s POV)
I silently set the star on top of our Christmas tree in the living room. Yesterday, I had taken Haven out with me to go rob some people of their organs. She wasn't too happy about me chaining her up, but she quickly got over it. She held down the victims when they woke up, and I quickly ended their life. Haven did a good job yesterday. I even let her hold my scalpel while I reached in to grab my prizes. She'll be of use in these hunts in the near future!

I stared back in awe at the work I had done. After I had sent Haven to go to sleep in my room, I had snuck out to cut down a small tree for a Christmas tree. I had made the ornaments out of pine cones, paper, and crafts. The star was made out of wood. It had taken me all damn night to finish it, and here it was seven in the morning. I turned to the direction of the hallway to see Haven walking into the room.

Her red hair was mangled and frizzy. She rubbed her eyes groggily. I silently chuckled to myself. She was cute in a puppy way. I watched as her face turned into shock, amazement, and pure joy. She ran over to the small tree and looked over at me.

"How did you do this?"

"It took me all night so be happy. And, that's my secret. Uh, Merry Christmas." I said. 

Haven laughed and said Merry Christmas to me too.She sat on the floor and played with the boughs of the tree. Should I give her her present now?  Nah. Haven jumped over to me and pulled out something small out of her sweatpants pocket.

"Here!" She exclaimed happily.

It was a very small box with something sloshing in it. I opened it out of curiosity to see a small snow globe in it. I held it up to examine it. Inside was a small plastic covered picture of Haven's Christmas card photo bomb. The glitter fell around it, and the outside was carved 'E.J.' I smiled from under my mask and shoved into my hoodie pocket.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

 Haven giggled and sat in front of the tree. Okay. Now is the time! 

"Haven. Turn around." 

Haven turned around, her red hair swishing as her head moved.

"What?" She asked. 

I held her hand in mine and slipped something small into her hand. She opened up her tiny fist and gasped.

"Why did you give me a key?" She asked confused. 

She held up the white and blue key.

"That's for your chained collar. I have decided that you have earned my trust. You will not be chained anymore. You have earned your freedom. But you are still my slave." I said. 

Haven yelled with happiness and hugged me to the ground. I tensed but hugged her back awkwardly. I guess she liked her present.